Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch, not a good record to have. Hopefully the next box will do you justice!!!

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
I think I hold the record (May-06)

18 skunk boxes in a row.
Box 19-24 (1 40%)
Box 25-35 (1 40%)

Keep your head up it will get better.

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear that little buddy

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Don't be sorry, that stretch of skunks stopped the other CRH at that branch. ;D

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hit three different banks(harris,lasalle,and chase)harris and chase are within 5 miles of each other,but lasalle a good 25 miles.i dump all my halves at harris.maybe they use the same amory and i'm just seeing the same stuff over and over(noticed my marked coins coming back,but not alot)

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
bomber said:
i hit three different banks(harris,lasalle,and chase)harris and chase are within 5 miles of each other,but lasalle a good 25 miles.i dump all my halves at harris.maybe they use the same amory and i'm just seeing the same stuff over and over(noticed my marked coins coming back,but not alot)

Do all the boxes look alike (Brown/Brown) (Yellow/Brown)? How long before you see the same coin? I put the date on an impaired proof so it is easy to pull out again. Does Harris use a counter or do you bag up your returns? It is possible that the Harris bank is quicker to process the returns and they end up on the pallet quicker. Can you switch the dump bank?

65GT350

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
bomber said:
You say you noticed your marked coins coming back,do you remember or keep a record of how many coins you marked?

If you only mark a few per box you may be getting back a huge quantity of your own returns and not even know it.

Many of the hunters in my area mark a lot of their coins,I know this because when I used to be able to get boxes I would get a lot of marked coins per box with several of the coins having the same mark,maybe 5 different marking styles per box with about 250 coins per box being marked.

I think this explains why even my best box only had 10 40% halves and my best box for 90% had only 3!Usually much less or completely silverless!

There are way too many people hunting in my area now and I think this is one of the contributing factors to why my local banks where I could always get boxes are now charging high fee's or not willing to order anymore at all.

I've marked a few complete boxes in the past and it only took me 10-15 minutes extra to mark the 1,000 coins and it gave me a good idea of how many of my own coins I was getting back-A LOT!I think this is because in an area with a lot of hunters the same coins keep circulating between whoever is doing it and few "new" coins are entered into the mix.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I don't mark the coins, just the wrappers. If the wrapper is pretty worn, I'll roll it in a new one. Since there are not but a couple banks here in my town with rolls of halves (maybe 40 rolls total) out of 10 banks, it's easy to spot where my rolls turn up. I just mark them in black marker with my initials. Of course since I just did my first box earlier this week and put another 49 rolls into circulation in my town, I'll bet the other few people CRHing here will be dissapointed going thru my searched rolls.
I thought the teller was going to fuss about me returning 49 rolls to such a tiny bank where I dump now, but she seemed happy to get them. I'll bet she went and called someone after I left, telling them "Some guy just brought in a whole bunch of rolled halves, come and get them!" ;D (or she might of searched them herself).

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
How often do you get the boxes? You might have too much time between dump and pickup which allows them to ship and roll your dumps and place them back on the same pallet they pull from. I would try dumping only $800 at Harris and see if they will not ship the bag since it doesn't have $1K.

Good luck
65GT350

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i get about 6-7 boxes a week,and dump them all at harris(all within a 20 mile radius)would brinks or whoever take care of different banks like lasalle and chase as well as harris?and all my wrappers are yellow

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
It is possible. Since the banks already order boxes for you, you may want to ask the merchant teller who is the carrier at the bank. It is also possible that you are just going through a bad pallet. Do you dump them in a counter or do you have to roll them?

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they get dumped in a counter.stopped at a US BANK yesterday and asked for some halves(think i might give boxes a break for a while)they had loose and rolls,then he asked if i had an account,i says no and he says SORRY just for customers(the same bank i got my first walker).i might open an account today

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
It sucks to be you. lol

No, actually, I am right behind you. In fact, I have given up on crh for halves for a while.

staceysallaboutu

Jul 9, 2006
Fonda, New York
Detector(s) used
White xlt/Minelab Quattro
Im not bragging by any means but keep triing guys and gals.. Last box i got 1 90% and the box before that i got 6 40%ers. So they are still out there..

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
I'm narrowing in on that record and in a major slump. I am starting to feel the weight of the half's pile in on top of me. I've got a few thousand $ to dump, but will wait until after midterms.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread