New Rev War Button and Plate Book-Looking for Submissions!!

vonrall

Apr 17, 2009
Finally hard at work on an update of the original button book with Jim Kochan to which we are now adding belt plates ,gorgets and cartridge box plates, British , American, Loyalist, French ,German.

This is going to be a massive work loaded with super stuff and new info. If you or any of your friends have specimens of any buttons NOT in the current button book , I'd like to see them, also belt plates, cartridgebox plates, gorgets, cap and other types of insignia You don't have to own the item anymore either, all I need is your best picture!

Please don't send items you know are after the revolution, we are sticking with pre 1784.

Photos are best dead on, against a white ground , high res at least 300 dpi. Need size in mm, where found (not exactly of course) and your name for credit.We are not far from handing this to the publisher so please don't linger! There is tremendous new research and loads of great items never before seen!

Anybody know who found the Loyalist Roman Catholic Volunteer Plate years ago?

Email me direct.

Don Troiani
[email protected]

Attachments

• RWc5ds- Hessian cap.jpg
    RWc5ds- Hessian cap.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 698
Upvote 0

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit I am pretty excited for this book! Unfortunately I think pretty much everything I have is in your old book.

Wess

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with the book.

I see you are not doing post revolutionary buttons but you should consider including George Washington buttons. Even though it is post revolutionary I think it is one of the most interesting post scripts to the revolution.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread