New Ryedale in the house

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Silver has been slow, so I'm diversifying into copper. ;D Got my Ryedale today. HOLY CRAP that thing sorts cents. Did one box of cents ($25) and scored 23.68% copper. Sent Andy a raving review.

If silver is slowing down for you..........ahh, nevermind. The machine isn't that great, so don't waste your time. ::) ::) ::) ::) (More copper for me!!!)

There are BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of copper cents in circulation. Think about it!

I have 4 more boxes of cents, but I need to fix supper.

Later.

Roger

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But how many wheat cents did you get. I try to find information on the Ryedale but can not find anything on it......Matt

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome -- my Ryedale will be delivered tomorrow!!! :thumbsup: I've got some boxes ready to go - hopefully my low to mid 30% copper boxes hang steady for a long while!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
kalebdad said:
Wheats are worth the copper the are stamped on.

Wheats are actually worth a little more. The Memorials can be sold for about 1.6 - 2.0 cents each. the wheats can be sold for 3 cents each, and some for much more. Some for over $1 or even $5 (And I'm not talking about 1909S VDB)

The key is to take them out of the market for now and hoard. Wait until the ban is lifted, and use it like an investment. If you put $1 into a mutual fund and got back $2.20 in 3 years, you'd be bragging to your friends about how it more than doubled in 3 years. I think you will easily do that with copper pennies. ANd will be able to sell in bulk by that time, since the ban should be lifted by then, iMHO. SO use it as an investment and hold on. WHen more and more of the pennies disappear, and they change the nickel composition (I think by year end 2012) the ban shold lift. LIke it did with silver in the past. And you can sell wthout the ban being lifted, as I sell NOW for 1.6 cents per penny to numerous buyers (that I'm keeping secret. Buyers are tougher to find than coppers are.)

Good luck to you. I think you'll enjoy it.

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
I am totally jealous!!! I want a Ryedale so bad. Price is a big hurdle, also the fact that my coin obsession would be complete and I'd probably get divorced once the buckets of copper started appearing throughout the house. Hope you score a ton of cooper - literally! :)

OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Good luck to you. I think you'll enjoy it.
[/quote]

Actually decided to pull the trigger and buy the machine after reading your "essays."

Thank YOU

Roger

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ramjet2187 said:
I have 4 more boxes of cents,
You are hooked now. Wait till you get 10 bags of cents from your local bank, sort and then have to return the zincs. I had a CU that loved to save bags for me. (sometimes the bags were halves)

The easiest way to sort for wheats is to grab a handful (about $1.50) and toss it on a towel on your bed (this is how I did it) sit so the light from the window hits those coins at a certain angle. You can spot the wheats real easy and it goes fast. I will miss a few but sometimes spot a wheat as it goes into the copper box. It is also a good time to look for bent, stuck together and foreign coins.
P.S. make sure that towel isn't one of the good ones because it gets grungy real fast.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
The tough part for me is getting rid of the zincolns. No coin counters or penny arcades in my area. I have to count, re-roll, and weigh them for accuracy before I dump them for cash. That's the toughest and un-fun part for me. As long as you can find a way to deal with the zincoln dumping, you will love your Ryedale. For me, I do like the Ryedale but like I said, I would love it if I found a good way to dump quickly.

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
What confuses me is the % of copper we find... if they were made for 80 yrs,and zinc for 30 yrs,you'd think you'd find a lot more,minus collectors and such. As far as the ryedale cost,I'm hoping to bring my design out soon,so hold on!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
The tough part for me is getting rid of the zincolns. No coin counters or penny arcades in my area.
I had a bank sized coin counter and it would count out $50 in a short time. My dump bank would furnish those heavy duty coin deposit bags for free and had no problem accepting them for deposit.
Mine was very simular to this model.
ccs65.jpg

I just took out all the little drawers and put in a basket to catch only cents.

Agro

Dec 13, 2010
Cali
SFBayArea said:
The tough part for me is getting rid of the zincolns. No coin counters or penny arcades in my area. I have to count, re-roll, and weigh them for accuracy before I dump them for cash. That's the toughest and un-fun part for me. As long as you can find a way to deal with the zincoln dumping, you will love your Ryedale. For me, I do like the Ryedale but like I said, I would love it if I found a good way to dump quickly.

i empathize with you. i had to dump a brinks rolled string box of zincs i got from wf mv yesterday! :thumbsup:

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
Thinking of getting a ryedale now myself to hoard some copper. I was wondering... can I use it to sort dimes as well? My coin book is filled with all the post 64 dimes now, so would only need silver dimes.

dtu2179

Feb 9, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How good are these machines? I have heard some people have had to run the sorted coins back through a couple times for a good sort plus some jamming issues. I would like to get one but not for $500 if it is not so reliable.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
conpewter said:
Thinking of getting a ryedale now myself to hoard some copper. I was wondering... can I use it to sort dimes as well? My coin book is filled with all the post 64 dimes now, so would only need silver dimes.

Does nickels and pennies, but even if it did dimes, you can edge search dimes so fast it is a waste of time and effort to put them in the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread