New settings, same cellar hole...results!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a beautiful day so I managed to get out for a few hours of swing therapy. Started off at the abandoned Victorian house with the colonial cellar hole. Didn't get much, just a clad dime and a latern part (patent 1807)

I left there and headed over to my Catrwheel/Druid hole, which I have renamed "the button hole". I was using the 4.5x7" Excelerator coil and switched up my settings. I had always hunted in Two Tone Ferrous with an open screen, but since I saw a youtube video posted by Mowerdog, my eyes have been opened. I've been saved!! Wow did it ever open this site up! I can't stand the iron falsing though. It makes a gorgeous high tone that screams DIG ME! I've concluded that my etrac is bi-polar with these settings, but when it's dialed in, it's lethal...especially on buttons! Eyeballed some iron targets on the surface (little spoon, spoon bowl, half if a thimble and part of a knife and an oxen shoe) The buttons came fast and furious, as well as a window catch? and a bent thimble. Got a couple spun tombacs, a double gilt, ball button and a flat button with no backmark. Can't wait to get back there! Ruined a pair of shoes in the mud as the Temps climbed, but well worth it :)

Upvote 7

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG NICE RELICS ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread