New Site with Deepseeker ADS 2 First time finds

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out hunting new sites today with Deepseeker ADS. We found one of the older "Well to Do" neighbordhoods and I started knocking on doors. I got the phone number to the owner of a 1880s house that is being renovated. Next house a nice older guy came out and asked us to sit on the porch and talk. His house was built in 1917 and was built by a local banker. The owner said that he was sure that the banker hid money somewhere around there. Then he said we could hunt but he wanted all of the finds. I asked about old coins like Indian Head pennies. He said he wanted half of the old coins. I couldn't tell how serious that he was. I asked Deep if the terms were ok with him and we agreed and started hunting. About 30 minutes in, I found a 1905 Barber Dime. My first Barber and I have to give it away! I dug several other coins including a couple of wheat pennies and the owner walked up and asked if I was having any luck so I dumped out the pouch and showed him the Barber Dime. I told him that I would pay him for it if I could keep it and he laughed and said "KEEP IT". YEA!!! I also found a 25 cent token From W.H. Wimbish of Stuart, Va. and later when cleaning my crusty pennies found a 1883 Indian Head. The owner let us keep everything and said we could come back anytime. Can't Wait.

Attachments

• IMG_3773.JPG
    IMG_3773.JPG
    338.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3776.JPG
    IMG_3776.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 11

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! An Indian! That's about as cool as the Barber!

Once again, the $600 machine beat the $2500 machine! (I certainly wouldn't want to tell anyone that!)

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done IS. Congrats on the nice coins and getting to spend time with another TNetter.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man that would be so painful to have to give away your first Barber coin! Congrats on finding some cool stuff AND being able to keep it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds on a productive permission!

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Any chance you could post a pic of the obverse of that Wimbish token? You have done the reverse twice. Thanks!
John in the Great 208

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool story and Congrats on the great finds- you're off to a great start with the new machine. Continued success to you!

-- Jeff --

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you guys had a great time out!! Congrads on the Barber!!

And Thanks for meeting up with me on my visit south! Maybe we can do a few hours out next year when I come down.. Be Safe and Good Luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread