New site?...with different clue versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you not post something like this Joe ?

" Has anyone ever tried to use Doppler radar to look for the LDM ?
I personally, have discovered four famous lost mines in Mexico with the use of Doppler and other tools."

See ?
That's plenty good enough to make your suggestion, without bringing any other treasure topic into this thread.
The mods tend to frown on that sort of thing. As they also do, when posters OVERUSE the caps-lock key.

I'm still waiting for you to furnish a link to where I can study up on the use of Doppler Radar as a tool used by anyone to find a lost mine.
And when was it again, that you used it yourself as such a tool ?

These are reasonable, non-insulting questions......are they not ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jose...i dont have a problem listening to your stories..i find them very interesting:icon_thumleft:

And you can read them all in the relevant forums T-Net created elsewhere.
There are good reasons, which I agree with, for the fact that they did so.
It's not for your entertainment though. But it's where I go, when I want to look up something about that topic.

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious hiker, what actual proof has been given that there is really a lost Dutchman mine / not just yakity yak, an out cropping with an rich piece of ore which played out quickly

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you could always start your own forum on canadian lost mines:dontknow:

Pretty sure there already are such topics on T-Net.
While you may not welcome other Nationalities to this website, I believe T-Net does.
I'm glad they do. But it's unfortunate that you do not.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Pretty sure there already are such topics on T-Net.
While you may not welcome other Nationalities to this website, I believe T-Net does.
I'm glad they do. But it's unfortunate that you do not.
i have no problem with other nationalities...as long as they aren't rude

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious hiker, what actual proof has been given that there is really a lost Dutchman mine / not just yakity yak, an out cropping with an rich piece of ore which played out quickly

There has never been anything that I would consider absolute, Joseph.Which is why I believe that prize has yet to be found.
And while the LDM is one of my interests, it's not my only one. Which is why I've spent most of my time in the mountains looking for other things I'm more interested in. But since I'm out there for up to 20 days per year, I do try to familiarize myself with the documented history of the Sups as well as it's legends and lore, partly through the contributions made by other posters who also have local experience within this forum. So when I come across, and can get a shot of something which might be related to the existing LDM clues, I post it for them.....but not necessarily for those only here for their amusement, and their chance to make negative comments.
My own take on what the LDM was and/or is....is in some ways.....a matter of faith.
That sometimes, though rarely, a "legend" or even a place long assumed to be "mythical", can turn out to be real.

I hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have no problem with other nationalities...as long as they aren't rude

Sometimes it takes a bit of "rude" to get the point across.

I saw this as quite "rude" by implication, for example.

"you could always start your own forum on canadian lost mines:dontknow:"

....since 99% of my posts on T-Net have been related to what I find interesting down there.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Sometimes it takes a bit of "rude" to get the point across.

I saw this as quite "rude" by implication, for example.

"you could always start your own forum on canadian lost mines:dontknow:"

....since 99% of my posts on T-Net have been related to what I find interesting down there.
being rude to a 93 year old man is no way to get your point across...in this country we call it bullying...you should just quit while you are behind and apologize to jose

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incidentally, I did not see where AZ posted any discrimation /

I see it differently, and find it quite offensive Joe.
He clearly implies that I should restrict my commenting to "Canadian" lost mines.....in reference to my particular Nationality.....even though I have never brought that topic into this one.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
being rude to a 93 year old man is no way to get your point across...in this country we call it bullying...you should just quit while you are behind and apologize to jose

I would consider it, but meant what I said as constructive criticism, rather than "bullying". And only in regard to how often his own favorite lost mine subject appears by his own hand on other topics, where it only serves to deflect the discussion.
Insofar as my request for references citing the use of Doppler as a tool to find lost mines goes, I guess that there will be none forthcoming.
As he admits in post 106, "Incidentally,hiker, the doppler was only used on the you know wich mine."...... there is none, aside from his own claim of successfully using it. I guess that's why I couldn't find anything about it myself, and the hour or two I spent looking thru various radar and mining-related info sites was therefore wasted. Should I expect an apology for that ?.....or just chalk it up to experience ?
After all, I'm no spring chicken myself you know.

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hiker, as for boots on the ground, i have spent months/weeks at a time with my riding mule without meeting another - it was generally fun but sometimes dangerous, had two shoot outs with plain banditos, not narcos. they came later .sorry you consider me a threat to LDM.I originally posted that who would explain the separator screen that I saw in a post on the ldm it was on the third level. heh heh , not narcos.you have to admit we brought the Ldm to life for a short time. Incidentally, I am 96. not 93.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't consider you a threat to the LDM. It and I, and you I'm sure can stand on our own two (sometimes) tender feet as far as things go around here.
Despite the best efforts of members of the ever present peanut gallery to ruin the entertainment we provide for them.
The classifier screen at the Dons Club ?

arcana's website also mentions a shaker screen is being visible in one of their LDM related photos.
Sounds like they think it might be what Waltz had the carpenter in Florence make for him at one point in his search for gold.
But the story actually refers to a dry-washer, not something as simple as a screen shaker.
So Jeff might want to have another look at that part of the legend as well.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I don't consider you a threat to the LDM. It and I, and you I'm sure can stand on our own two (sometimes) tender feet as far as things go around here.
Despite the best efforts of members of the ever present peanut gallery to ruin the entertainment we provide for them.
The classifier screen at the Dons Club ?

arcana's website also mentions a shaker screen is being visible in one of their LDM related photos.
Sounds like they think it might be what Waltz had the carpenter in Florence make for him at one point in his search for gold.
But the story actually refers to a dry-washer, not something as simple as a screen shaker.
So Jeff might want to have another look at that part of the legend as well.
As I recall, Waltz did not need a shaker screen or a dry washer :dontknow:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
couldn't find anything about Doppler ground penetrating radar ???

Nope. Seems they are different types of radar......for different things.
Doppler for rainy weather (and gathering money from speed demons)
GPR for seeing what's underground.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I recall, Waltz did not need a shaker screen or a dry washer :dontknow:

Not to find the mine.
I think he probably had it made before then, when he, or he and Weiser were beginning to prospect for gold out there.
Wouldn't be surprised if he lost it when the indians stole his stuff, or even dumped it somewhere when he did find the mine.
He wouldn't have needed it after that, so why even haul it out of the mountains, when he could pack more ore instead.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not to find the mine.
I think he probably had it made before then, when he, or he and Weiser were beginning to prospect for gold out there.
Wouldn't be surprised if he lost it when the indians stole his stuff, or even dumped it somewhere when he did find the mine.
He wouldn't have needed it after that, so why even haul it out of the mountains, when he could pack more ore instead.
A screen or a dry washer does not fit the story of Waltz and the LDM, prospectors just used a gold pan to dry sift for color, he would not have built one unless he found some gold, which is not likely since the geology of the superstitions is not conducive for gold production,hell, Waltz himself even said it wasn't a mine in so many words, “no miner will ever find my mine”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread