maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I went to drop some bags off today, as I do every Friday, and the teller said "hang on, I have to fill out a new slip now", So they logged all 3 bags on it and the bag numbers, this was the first branch. I went to the next branch to drop 3 more and they were trying to find these new slips, the head teller came over and said that they weren't starting this new system till next week, so it was ok for today.

So, my concern with this is that, if you guys can read this reciept, it says this process may take up to 10 days! I have been having a 2 day turn around on my bags for credit to my account, if it starts taking longer, it will crash my system, I can't wait up to 10 days for my money back, also, I know there are some that have said they get cash for there bags or instant credit, if it's been from here, it may be over for you when this takes effect, according to what this says. I'll see on Tuesday I guess. Allright going to watch a movie with the family so I'll check in later guys. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6028.JPG
    DSCN6028.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer. I still use the coin counter machines, but I can see how banks might be starting to slowly creep in on this hobby; picking off the big coin roll hunters first with these tricky little maneuvers. I think the big CRH fish are starting to really impact the bank's bottom line. Time to rethink your dumping technique? I am currently entertaining the idea of several different dump banks at once. Good luck!

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like the idea of shipping coin out to be counted too much can happen,my bank of America's don't take bags even if they did I wouldn't, all I do is reroll and rebox.

Good luck

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank said they get rolls with hunks of steel or lead wrapped up so they won't even take rolled coins back. Have to use the machine. I guess the banks are getting had on occasion.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't like the idea of shipping coin out to be counted too much can happen,my bank of America's don't take bags even if they did I wouldn't, all I do is reroll and rebox.

Good luck

You reroll 100 boxes? That is insane! If I had the 50 grand to play with, that you suposedly have, the last thing I would be doing is trying to reroll a 100 boxes, shoot, the last thing i would be doing is working that hard for that money, I would be making that money work for me! There are easier things to do with 50 grand than go and buy coin boxes and spend all that time picking them up bringing them home, searching them, rerolling them, then taking a week to take them to banks and drop them off at 5 banks a day or more ( i would assume at the most you bring in 4 boxes to each bank, anymore will just piss them of in a matter of time), that is an awfull alot of time and gas spent to do this, that amount of time is more important to me. I could make that money earn me the 3000 a month you may be stacking ( thats if your numbers stay the same, which they won't, and if you keep doing 100 boxes every other week) sustained income and still do my small volume of CRHing, have time to still enjoy life and still enjoy my hobby, just a lot easier. HH, Maverick.

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digesting a common clad said:

Good luck

Where do you bring them back to if your rerolling them? Hopefully not the same banks?

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Maverick, that's what you get for dumping into my supply. Just kidding buddy. I hope they're quicker than the slip says. Do you know which truck company services them? I've noticed that for BoA's in my county and surrounding counties it is split between Loomis, Garda, and Dunbar. I'm asking just because I'm curious if it is one specific carrier in your area.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see how that slip would freak you out, but I would bet it is just more of a precautionary step by the bank.. If you have been receiving your money back within 2 days, I highly doubt it is going to change to a 10 day waiting time... Hope it works out for you MAv..

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had 50 grand I'd still hunt its the thrill I enjoy. However I'd only be able to do a box or two a week due to the fact that I'd be able to do so much more with that kind of bank roll. If I were you Mr.50K. I'd be buying investment metals like palladium or platinum. Not smelting silver coins

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had 50 grand I'd still hunt its the thrill I enjoy. However I'd only be able to do a box or two a week due to the fact that I'd be able to do so much more with that kind of bank roll. If I were you Mr.50K. I'd be buying investment metals like palladium or platinum. Not smelting silver coins

If I had that kind of cash to invest it wouldn't be in metals at all. 40-50k gets you a decent rental property in my area that can gross 600-700 monthly.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Maverick, that's what you get for dumping into my supply. Just kidding buddy. I hope they're quicker than the slip says. Do you know which truck company services them? I've noticed that for BoA's in my county and surrounding counties it is split between Loomis, Garda, and Dunbar. I'm asking just because I'm curious if it is one specific carrier in your area.

Hey FF, it is the same here too, kinda a mix of them at different branches. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
If I had that kind of cash to invest it wouldn't be in metals at all. 40-50k gets you a decent rental property in my area that can gross 600-700 monthly.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner! Exactly, sustained income, this is what will carry you through later in life. 50K will get you a couple in my are if you use it wisely ( currently working on this now). I would still be CRHing, just would be a lot easier. HH, Maverick.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, never seen that at Bank of America before. 10 business days is two weeks! If you are dumping 6K a week you would need 18K to cover you then. I always get credited from BoA one or two days after the bags get picked up, and for PNC it's usually five or six days later (three or four business days).

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, never seen that at Bank of America before. 10 business days is two weeks! If you are dumping 6K a week you would need 18K to cover you then. I always get credited from BoA one or two days after the bags get picked up, and for PNC it's usually five or six days later (three or four business days).

Apparently it is something new, first for me too. I allways have had a 2 day turn around with my bags, just wondering if it is going to take longer now becuase of this new "system" or if it is just a precautionary measure that have started to take. HH, Maverick.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maverick, I am sorry i hope it works out for you and it dont take 10 days to credit your acct.
Cooper

baron otto

Tenderfoot
Jan 29, 2013
haines city fl
Detector(s) used
f5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try TD

I'm new to detecting but in the past I have dropped large coin drops from vending operations at Commerce banks most will run them for you in a few minutes if the you come in when there not loaded down with customers. they call them selves TD now but there the same bank. I don't know if this helps.

Otto

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
maverick said:
Hey FF, it is the same here too, kinda a mix of them at different branches. HH, Maverick.

BoA's in your area use different coin providers? I was referring to the fact that in different towns around here BoA uses different companies.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm new to detecting but in the past I have dropped large coin drops from vending operations at Commerce banks most will run them for you in a few minutes if the you come in when there not loaded down with customers. they call them selves TD now but there the same bank. I don't know if this helps.

Otto

Keep in mind TDs are only here:

387px-TDBank_footprint.png

Mav might be in a different area of FL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread