new sluice box????

tntrker

Greenie
Feb 14, 2011
Upstate SC
search Craigslist in your area for sluice, panning, etc. Use the seach box on there as I've seen some mixed in with cars. Good luck!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOGLE Le Trap for the best recovery,light and ez to backpak,no carpet hassles and price not bad either BUT thieves love'm so coveth-tons a au 2 u 2-John :laughing7:

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
LeTrap or Angus MacKirk are the best out there in my opinion, and like John said, light weight and a dream to cleanup. Doug.

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
My first sluice was a LeTrap in about the late 70's. My thoughts were that I was missing gold and I don't like plastic, so I bought a Keene A52 and was happy with it. I ended up using the Keene for a highbanker I made and was happy with that. I traded off yhe highbanker and bought an Angus MacKirk Excalibur highbanker for the double plastic sluices. I then tried out a friends plastic sluice from cabelas and ended up buying an Angus MacKirk AU Trap sluice and I'll be darned if I can figure out why I left the plastic sluice in the first place. In my opinion its got better fine gold recovery, light weight, and cleans up so easy. They're all good so what ever you get just get out there and enjoy it. Doug.

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The amount of water flow and velocity determines which sluice I run. The LeTrap needs fast water to run properly and in my opinion will out produce any similar sized sluice, I classify to 1" and feed the material with a small shovel. Where I can't set up the letrap due to lack of water flow, I use a keene a51 and am happy with the ease of setup and recovery, for this I classify to 1/2" or 1/4" and feed with a small trowel.
Good luck out there!
CGC

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
classify, classify, classify!!!! Life is so much easier after that.............63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread