New sluice Idea

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This sluice is combinin some of the best sluice ideas I've seen thus far for everything. so let's see what yall think
Screenshot_2015-03-05-03-00-45.png

RED IS THE FLUID BED.
Brown is the PUNCH PLATE.
Green is the CARPETS.
Blue is the DROP RIFFLES.
JUST A THOUGHT. I DONT KNOW HOW ID MAKE THIS BABY BUT IT WOULD BE A DAM FINE SLUICE I GARRENTY THAT.
I'd put a venturi on the fluid bed jets where the water went in. that way the water would hit a larger area and be forced into the tubes. so it wouldn't need to have such an angle on the fluid bed. it would also flair in at the fluid end forcing the water into the fluid bed tubes. then it would flair out over the punch plate, carpet and drop riffles like the LE TRAP Or the AM recon 2. it's an idea I've had for some time now but finally drew it up but anyway let me know what you think. let me know what you all think.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Convalution is never the solution to good gold recovery. Le Trap is a perfect example as no bs just recovery at it's least complicated science. Lots of luck-John

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like it. In your opinion is the fluid bed the least effective at catching gold? I would but them in order of which you have the least confidence in, to the one you have the most confidence in...for me it would be punch plate over slickplate, then carpet or riffles, then fluid bed. I might be a little jaded though, as I am a bazooka owner and user.

JB

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I love the fluid beds. There ain't much that I don't think they can't do. it's just something I was playing around with. but it was obvious that the fluid bed had to go first on the design. and it made sense to me to make it that way. just the dual flair and not much is getting out of the fluid bed. the second half is more about catching the super super fine gold 150 to 300.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Could switch it around though as I see where your coming from. give me just a few hours and I can Move thing s around

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2015-03-05-11-40-29.png

getting faster with my draftin skills. this way seams good to me.
The end is a fluid bed. the bottom is a waterChannel,
it would be an 3 channel undercut sluice kinda like Calsluice #2b. But I think drop riffle do better for really fine stuff. then the fluid bed to catch anything that was missed

Last edited:

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
If I understand this correctly, it would be like having your discharge from the fluid bed running over carpet (A52 for example) then through a drop riffle (AM for example) to retain anything that makes it by the fluid bed. The punch plate would run above the carpet and drop riffle for the larger material to be discarded as tailings. I would eliminate the carpet all together and maybe use a vortex matting instead, or just run it fluid bed and drop riffle. If you know someone with a BGT and a drop riffle, that would be an easy test before you start to build.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wanna see it run!!!!!

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a Bazooka that's. there my favorite. that's why I chose that first. but yeah I was thinking of usingCarpet or vortex Mat. but to run the fluid bed the it needs fast water. but the design I have in mind might help. it adds a venturi to the fluid bed tubes. to add a little umph. and gets rid of the need to run it so steep. I was thinking using more of a deep V mat though. the carpet idea is just kinda whatever is needed, could be vortex. could be the new fine mat that I have. you can look it up on ebay. it could be straight carpet. theres a few different things that could go there. but the drop riffle would catch allot of it aND anything that the other 2 missed there's no way the fluid bed would

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I just have to build it and see how it works.
buy what do you all think

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and yeah that was pretty much the idea of my original design. just some Simple ideas. I thin it would be fun to try out. I guess it's me trying to eliminate as much loss as I can. but I might just be adding to them. making things to complicated

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly I like the second idea better. it gives more of a channel for the water to be pushes into the fluid bed. and if it was done right like I'm thinking it wouldn't need to be ran very steep. the river water going into the venturi would cause enough pressure to fluidise the chamber. Im going to have to build and test this puppy. anyone got any good ideas on material I can use. I was thinking Lexan plastic. I'll have to clue the drop riffle part together. I'd be easier if I had a router to cut it out but that end would need to be way thicker. I have to get some advice on the drop riffles. and how to shape them. so please guys if you have any advice I'd love to hear from you all

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone try the Boiler box rifles like on a Dehlke dredge in a sluice box.
dredge_57.jpg

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Dahlke doesn't have the doves(boilers). I would love to try them in it though!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425594005.525138.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425594021.939257.jpg

This is what mine came with.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
use ABS plastic sheets to form the body of this! 1/8 inch thickness would be fine. heat this to bend it and use the ABS adhesive and itll NEVER come apart! Plus if this fluidbed were pulsed water it would work MUCH better!

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would be great over the carpet area. thanks guys. and thanks for the help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread