New sluice =]

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Working on a new sluice for my gravity dredging setup. Its just about done but I want a little bit of something different in there. Anyone know of a rubber mat I could put in the beginning of the box that is cheaper than the gold hog mat but still effective? That blank spot is bothering me.. Not that I need to fill it I'm sure it will work fine as is but the blank spot will still bother me.. Like I'm wasting space in there if there's not some extra riffles of some kind.

image-59460489.jpg

Attachments

• image-2769098875.jpg
    image-2769098875.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 181

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What size do you need? I'll see if I can get you a FREE scrap piece of vortex mat that will fit. :icon_thumleft:
PM me.

GG~

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What size do you need? I'll see if I can get you a FREE scrap piece of vortex mat that will fit. :icon_thumleft:
PM me.

GG~

Thanks! But I think I'm going to just buy the gold hog matting.. I've been watching YouTube videos on it and it looks pretty good. I'm hoping that the mining shop will have it.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey I wouldnt mind some. :P

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:):) GG id like to get a "free" peice of vortex matting about 8 foot square if you have it laying around!:):):) sorry! the cabin fever made me do it!:)

I have a friend who works at a major conveyer company engineering conveyers for industry and I'm trying to make a deal to get all their scrap rough top belting, so be careful what you ask for.

You did say 8 inch square, right. :tongue3:

GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! But I think I'm going to just buy the gold hog matting.. I've been watching YouTube videos on it and it looks pretty good. I'm hoping that the mining shop will have it.

The Gold Hog matting only comes in 6"X36" sections. You have to cut it and piece it together. http://www.goldhog.com/store.htm

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
Go drop riffle! My buddy has gold hog matting I caught just as much flour gold and course gold as he did. We even put pans at the end of the sluices. Checked afterwards. We both found just a couple of specs. His mat alone almost cost as much as my whole sluice. I bet my pine board drop riffle I made will catch as much as my sluice too. . But that mat looks nice I will say

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I tested my new gravity dredge sluice box and its works pretty good! The creek I was at wasn't running all that great so I had to pick the deepest hole I could find which took a while to find.. I didn't get too much and it's all smaller stuff but it shows that my new setup doesn't blow all the small stuff out like my old one did.. I think I would have done better if there were more water so I could dredge out an area on the upper end of the creek because the gold seems chunkier the higher up I go. Here's a pic.

image-143383089.jpg

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work N8. I must say your craftsman ship is quite tidy. Did you use a mat or leave the first part to act as a slick plate?

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice work N8. I must say your craftsman ship is quite tidy. Did you use a mat or leave the first part to act as a slick plate?

I didn't put a mat in there and it seemed to work fine. I figured that if I put some rubber matting in there the bigger rocks wouldn't slide across as easily. Might put something in there eventually and test it to see what happens though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread