New Smyrna Report

ClamBob

Jan 24, 2005
Florida East Coast
Got about two hours in at Bethune Beach this morning. Four pennies and a sinker for my effort. Checked out the Flagler Ave approach two hours before high tide. Water was already crashing into sea wall. Went back at low tide around 7pm and some sand was visible between waves. Some erosion but nothing like last year. Mostly just a higher tide than normal. Went down to 27th St. approach and was able to get about an hour in before the waves chased me off. A couple of more pennies and a lot of hits too deep to dig. I stop at a foot or so.
Will try again tomorrow am...low tide at Ponce Inlet should be around eight. That time should be good for about 15 miles north or south

Peace,
BobJ

Upvote 0

Stirling N5PIP

Aug 7, 2005
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Hi ClamBob,
Thanks for the info. i was the first one at Seasplash Park in Daytona at 6:30am. It was low tide, the winds were finally calm, the water not too rough. At 7am it was like ants finding a picnic !!! Detectorists by the van load. Unfortunately no one was having any luck at all. The Excalibur's, CZ20's, MXT's, my PI Pro, all just weren't having much success. I found $1.70 in clad. Like you I did have some deep hits, but the SurfGods would fill in my dig before I could get the target. Maybe I need to bring a John Deere excavator with me for next time.
Oh Well.
HH,
Stirling, N5pip
Daytona Beach

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
I was with Stirling, N5pip this morning in Daytona I have never seen more people in my life with a detector on a beach at the same time... I counted 22 by the time i got there 07:30am Stirling said some have left already. I only found .48 cents in clad and a South Korea coin 100 won?.. Stirling found out it is worth 0.097 cents ok close to 10 cent but it is made out of silver and about the size of a U.S. quarter.

$50.00 in Gas
$5.67 lunch
Time with a Good Friend detecting.... PRICELESS !!!! ;)

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread