Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all
I recently moved and am staying in an area that has lots of history (for California anyway). Saw this big park built in the 1990s but it had some huge oaks so I gave it a shot. Went to a drainage area and my first target was an old horse bit. Looks forged to me so I'm thinking 1850s or so. Lots of square nails, levi s.f. jean rivets and a blob top beer. Only got to swing for an hour before the disc golf people got in my way.. No coins this time but I can smell them 😄 I'll chase the silver next week!

Attachments

• 20230602_170849.jpg
    20230602_170849.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
Upvote 11

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the great finds!!! Did you dig a arrowhead? Also is your brass shotgun shell a full length brass cartridge? Thanks.

OP
OP
Nick79

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the great finds!!! Did you dig a arrowhead? Also is your brass shotgun shell a full length brass cartridge? Thanks.
Hi, not an arrow head. Its some kind of metal. The shotgun its from a paper shell, but i have dig some full length brass shells in the past. The other brass casing is a 40-60. Thanks

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all
I recently moved and am staying in an area that has lots of history (for California anyway). Saw this big park built in the 1990s but it had some huge oaks so I gave it a shot. Went to a drainage area and my first target was an old horse bit. Looks forged to me so I'm thinking 1850s or so. Lots of square nails, levi s.f. jean rivets and a blob top beer. Only got to swing for an hour before the disc golf people got in my way.. No coins this time but I can smell them 😄 I'll chase the silver next week!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread