New Spot to hunt. Any Help Appreciated

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Here are some arial photos of some property that my uncle has obtained and I have permission to hunt. In the second edited (poorly :( ) photo the black line leading to the circle is the current unpaved road into the property. Within the circle are two 1930ish homes. The red circle is a small lake.

See anything good I should check out?

Thanks for looking and HH.

Attachments

• Aerial 1 Large Web view.jpg
    Aerial 1 Large Web view.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 802
  • Aerial 1 Paint.JPG
    Aerial 1 Paint.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 777

El_Capitan

Jul 26, 2007
Personally, I'd look for whitetail... but depending on where you're at, you may need to research the history of the area. For example, if I had a spot like that here in the suburban St. Paul area, I'd definitely be looking for some of the ol' 30's gangster history. Plenty of great stashes around here somewhere. I've seen alot of posts where older homes have a buried stash or two of silver coins around the house as many people used to bury their finances as the depression went on. Sounds like some potentially big finds. GL... CB

aaronrobb

Jan 6, 2008
There are a few lines on the photo that look too straight to be natural. Could be good areas to start, could be an old roadway/drive. I'm no expert on maps tho, so just take this lightly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions