New Stavr scoop

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)

Attachments

• Evro v.33R.jpg
    Evro v.33R.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 244
  • Sv.33R.jpg
    Sv.33R.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 274
  • Tv.33R.jpg
    Tv.33R.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 243
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the hole design..... but id sure like to see 2 or 3 lines of smaller holes in the back of the scoop. They help keep some of those tiny targets around long enough to see what they were rather than try to get a full bucket and run to the shore with it ..... or give up completely. Again.... another good looking product. I have your M9 its really held up.... easy to work with.... and light.

Dew

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a fine looking scoop and I am sure it would help with my target recovery speed, which right now is a bit lacking. I bumped into a fellow with a different Stavr on a Toronto beach on the weekend and eyed it with a bit of jealousy. I think I should get one in the spring (or sooner if I travel south).

What is your recommendation on hole size? My guess is there is balance between loss of small objects as size increases, but the scoop cleans out faster.

I would also mount a rare earth magnet about half way back on the bottom, to catch those ever present small nails and bobby pins that tend to swim through the scoop, only to be detected over and over.

OP
OP
stavr

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
That is a fine looking scoop and I am sure it would help with my target recovery speed, which right now is a bit lacking. I bumped into a fellow with a different Stavr on a Toronto beach on the weekend and eyed it with a bit of jealousy. I think I should get one in the spring (or sooner if I travel south).

What is your recommendation on hole size? My guess is there is balance between loss of small objects as size increases, but the scoop cleans out faster.

I would also mount a rare earth magnet about half way back on the bottom, to catch those ever present small nails and bobby pins that tend to swim through the scoop, only to be detected over and over.
Hi
(Removed by mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a Starva lover! I have never brake them, it's an investment but can always rely on them.
IMG_0726.JPG IMG_0734.JPG

Hope the one for scuba diving will be available soon.... :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather be able to snap in a plastic insert (all 3/8 inch holes) that you can snap in and out of the basket as an insert when I need it.

I have not had good luck with hybrids, as smaller items will fall thru the larger 1/2 inch holes unless you slow way down and are very very careful.

Unless you are sifting fine sand (sugar sand), holes smaller than 3/8 inch will not work well as the coarse sand granules/ bits of shell will build up in the bottom of the scoop.

Also, as there is less surface area to sift thru in the back of the scoop than the bottom of the scoop, a scoop with a 90 degree angle handle is more efficient in sifting than the same basket would be with a 20 degree angle handle/

I like the hole design..... but id sure like to see 2 or 3 lines of smaller holes in the back of the scoop. They help keep some of those tiny targets around long enough to see what they were rather than try to get a full bucket and run to the shore with it ..... or give up completely. Again.... another good looking product. I have your M9 its really held up.... easy to work with.... and light.

Dew

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
(Removed by mod)
Stavr, your required to be supporting vendor to advertise website selling, or a Charter Member to post individual items to sell...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread