New Tiger Shark

TwistedElvis

Aug 4, 2014
Sunny San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minilab CTX 3030 / Excalibur II 1000 / Tesoro Sand Shark / Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got the Sand Shark and love it! Let us know what you think and are you going to try it in the water?

Odds

Greenie
Aug 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger shark.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My New Tiger Shark arrived today. Can't wait to try it out.

Congrats, I love mine, I use it all over the place water and land. Just one suggestion though, Don't mess with the internal settings right away, use it for a few months, then play with them if you must.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't got out with it yet. I bought it for water but will probably use it on land too. I went to a local State Park that has a swimming beach today but it was closed due to lack of lifeguards. School started here last week and most of the lifeguards are students. I'm hitting another swimming hole tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REMBER not to mess with internal controls! especially the Sensitivity!

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took it to a local swimming area today and had a ball. For the first hour, I was the only person in the water. Clear water, sand bottom and lots of targets. $2.41 in clad, two junk earings, junk cross and key pendant. No gold or silver yet. I still had a hard time putting the box underwater at first but got over it. I think everything is fine as is without me doing any internal adjustments. I'll be back in the water tomorrow.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love mine. It is flat out an awesome water detector and great on land. I am in the process of getting scuba equipment and certification and can't wait to really go under water with it. On advice from Sandman I have never touched the internal controls and see no need to. Also on advice from Sandman, I never set the disc any higher than 2-3. Any beep that sounds clean from two directions gets scooped and even some that don't. You are gonna get some bottle caps for sure, but it's not like digging them, you just scoop them and move on. Of course after you fill your hole. I assume you have a good stainless scoop, if not get one, it is a great investment and makes hunting much more pleasurable. I have a T-Rex with a floating wood handle. The T-Rex is awesome and there are many other good scoops made, but I really like having a wood handle that floats.

As far as land hunting with the Tiger- The tiger in all metal mode with a slight threshold hum is DEEP and I mean deep! I have the 10" coil and find the Tiger to be unbelievably deep. In my fresh test garden it is the only detector that can hit all 10" coins and most of the 12" coins. This is in disturbed soil. My Tejon can't even do this and my Tejon is deep.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The Packs looking good...

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, Here are the results from my first two hunts and I got GOLD! $3.95 in clad, junk jewelry and a .6 gram 14k earing. What really impressed me was the ear ring back sounded like a quarter. Most of this stuff was in 6 to 12 inch sand at the bottom of the swimming hole. Loving my Tiger Shark.

Attachments

• IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1366.JPG
    IMG_1366.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 124

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another tip Steve is to try to close both catches on the control box at the same time when changing batteries. Also experiment with using the All Metal Slow Mode.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my eighth summer with my Tiger Shark and I am still totally in love with it. Just sniffed out a 23k gold chain buried in the sand - see my post Crazy Lucky Week for pics. It is just an awesome machine whether in the water or in the sand. If you mount the control box at the top of the handle, it is comfortable to swing all day long.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, Why All Metal Slow over All Metal Fast? steve

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out for about an hour today while my wife swam laps. I got a silver ring and religious spike, foil, bobby pins and 2 pennies. I posted the ring in "what is it" forum to try and get a translation.

Attachments

• IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1374.JPG
    IMG_1374.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1373.JPG
    IMG_1373.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1371.JPG
    IMG_1371.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 116

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Looks Greek to me...

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I would like to know too why slow metal, Sandman. There is a T Shark I may be able to snag for $400 barely used. I'm not familiar with dial knobs so any info on this machine would help me to decide over getting a BH ID300.

dlt123me

Sep 18, 2014
Newberg Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As far as land hunting with the Tiger- The tiger in all metal mode with a slight threshold hum is DEEP and I mean deep! I have the 10" coil and find the Tiger to be unbelievably deep. In my fresh test garden it is the only detector that can hit all 10" coins and most of the 12" coins. This is in disturbed soil. My Tejon can't even do this and my Tejon is deep.

Man, you may have just answered one of the questions on my Need some Advice thread. This is exciting info here...

I was wondering how the Garrett ATPro stacked up against the Tiger Shark for land hunting.

Dennis

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, you may have just answered one of the questions on my Need some Advice thread. This is exciting info here...

I was wondering how the Garrett ATPro stacked up against the Tiger Shark for land hunting.

Dennis

Dennis, bear in mind that if hunting in all metal you might as well use a PI detector. You will dig everything. In this mode you have a constant threshold hum and are only listening to changes in this threshold hum. It can find really deep stuff but takes some getting use to.

For land hunting the Tiger would be considered heavy. If you want to cherry pick with a high disc setting it is not ideal for this. It seems the disc is operating in about the bottom 2/3 of their normal land machines. If you are a dig it all guy on land the Tiger works well. Their isn't much it won't find, including really really small stuff. If you turn the disc up higher on the Tiger you do lose some depth. On land the Tiger would have you digging a bunch in a trashy area.

In the water is where the Tiger excels.

dlt123me

Sep 18, 2014
Newberg Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis, bear in mind that if hunting in all metal you might as well use a PI detector. You will dig everything. In this mode you have a constant threshold hum and are only listening to changes in this threshold hum. It can find really deep stuff but takes some getting use to.

For land hunting the Tiger would be considered heavy. If you want to cherry pick with a high disc setting it is not ideal for this. It seems the disc is operating in about the bottom 2/3 of their normal land machines. If you are a dig it all guy on land the Tiger works well. Their isn't much it won't find, including really really small stuff. If you turn the disc up higher on the Tiger you do lose some depth. On land the Tiger would have you digging a bunch in a trashy area.

In the water is where the Tiger excels.

You know, I think it is becoming quite clear to me now... No matter what MD you own, if you don't want to miss a find, you dig. LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions