New Time Ranger !!!!

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
can I ask what where you able to get it for { price} ? As soon as the weather improvves in my area, I have a gold and diamond ring I need to hunt for.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
congrats on the new machine reddie! hope you find a lot with it this summer!

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
rumme said:
can I ask what where you able to get it for { price} ? As soon as the weather improvves in my area, I have a gold and diamond ring I need to hunt for.

I got it from a friend who has had it sent in to BH for the lasest updates and upgrades (the unit is only 1 1/2 years old) she has upgraded to a whites that her BF got her for her B-day lucky for me ! I got the BH Time Ranger for only 220.00 !! Good luck on the ring Rumme ! ;D

joelt

Jan 5, 2007
Far North Austin
Detector(s) used
F5, F4, Sidewinder
I have a Discovery 3300, that I like so I tried the Land Ranger which is much like the Time Ranger. I've gotten used to switching back and forth from pinpoint/discriminate, and the Land/Time Rangers don't seem to want to do that easily (you have to GB everytime you switch). I got annoyed with that and sold it. Maybe I missed out on something useful about it, but don't miss it any.

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
using the presets on the time ranger...I dont think you have to do anyhting for ground balanincg when you want to pinpoint then go back into the preset you were currently in. Maybe that has to be done in preset 4 where its all manula ground balancing

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
G B = Ground Balance , I'm not sure what they were talking about as on my time ranger if you're using the disc mode the machine automaticly ground balances & if you use the pinpoint button all you have to do to go back to whatever disc mode you were in is press the program select button .

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Maybe they are talking about the older Time/Land Rangers ?

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
It's a good machine. A friend of mine got one for Christmas. He had no experience, and took off and ran with it. You will like it!!!!

DM

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Could be , I don't know anything about the land ranger or the older time rangers . I think you'll like the time ranger . HH

joelt

Jan 5, 2007
Far North Austin
Detector(s) used
F5, F4, Sidewinder
It was the newer Land Ranger with same instructions as Time Ranger. I think the Time has a sniff/zap button and has waterproof coil over the Land.

But yeah, when you click pinpoint you have to raise it and then set it on ground without metal every time you switch to pinpoint. I don't know how you get around that. If you stay in disc, or stay in pinpoint you are OK, i like to switch on every target...

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
You don't have to do that to pinpoint with mine . If you want to hunt in the P4 all metal mode you have to manually ground balance like you described .

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
how to pinpoint in any of the 3 preset programs...

find a target in your preselected program { either 1 , 2 or 3 which are all auto ground balance} then hit the all metals mode button and hone in on the target..then you can hit the all metals mode button again and it will narrow the target down even more..and its usually very accurate....if you want to get out of the pinpoint mode just hit the program button to return top the preset program you were in ebfore gouing into pinpoint mode....

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Well the new BH is back from being calibrated with my 3 coils !! I am hitting the fields today to learn how the machine works ! I am so excited ! Woo Hoo ! Talk to everyone later ! Will post any finds on TODAYS FINDS section ! ;D

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
thompy said:
spitfire do you not groundbalance your 3300?
No i always use auto ground Balancing on the 3300 but on my new one i will learn to do it.

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I have to say i am VERY impressed by my new Time Ranger ! I went over a few areas i hit with my Discover 3300 and found tons of stuff it left behind ! Its features can't be beat for the money ! I LOVE IT ! Hubby says he would kill me if i put dirty items i have dug on our brand new scanner/ printer combo machine like i did with the old one ..........go figure :-\ :-\ :-\ ;D

By the way i am selling the brand new 4" inch coil that came with it.I will never use it anyway i search for deeper targets .Its still in the plastic and has never even been scraped on the ground ! See my ad in Ebay Treasures ! It on ebay for a buy it now price !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread