New TK Delta 4000 finds Ring # 18, and Shes a GOLDEN Beauty!!......

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New TK Delta 4000 finds Ring # 18, and She's a GOLDEN Beauty!!......

I almost didn't hunt today after work because I have a little medical issue going on and I'm on antibiotics. I had less than an hour anyway.
But, it was SO nice out I changed into some shorts and hurried right over to my standby field.

I dug a few pencils and other trash and got another erratic, "trash" signal. I kept walking about ten steps but something told me to go back and check that one again.
I did, and the numbers were all over the place. I figured it MUST be trash but decided to dig it anyway.

I'm SO glad that I followed my intuition because about 6 inches down I saw this gorgeous thing looking up at me:

Ring # 18 GOLD 001.JPG Ring # 18 GOLD 002.JPG

Ain't she a beauty??

It was at least six inches deep so I assume it's been waiting a long time for me to come along and bring it back into the light.
The markings are just about worn off but I can make out "14K". I can also make out "C2" which indicates diamonds, but not high clarity diamonds. I don't know what the black stones are, but I'm thinkin' sapphire. I do know is that it's a gold ring; FINALLY. I haven't found a real gold one since July.

I also dug a little bit of clad and found another partially buried "American Spirit" whistle, made in the USA; my 2nd one in under a week.

Ring # 18 GOLD 003.JPG

I dug this little pile in less than 40 minutes before it got too dark.

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again; DIG THOSE "TRASH" SIGNALS!!!! It will pay off in the long run if you stay persistent and refuse to get discouraged. You'll also pick up lots'a nickels along the way.

This field just seems to keep giving. You just never know what you'll find. I've found everything from tons of clad, old Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, some junk rings, an old knife, a toasted old LC, an 1881 Indian Head, an 1863 Civil War Token, a nice little silver ring and a ton of trash, can slaw and busted pencils. It's turned out to be one of my best spots, thanks to my youngest son suggesting it a while back.

But, since getting my Tek Delta, hunting has truly gone to a new level for me. I'm finding good stuff I KNOW I've passed over with my BH machines. I absolutely LOVE this machine. It's more than paid for itself in less than two weeks.

Thanks for lookin' and Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
Upvote 9

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Liking your machine means you'll use it lots and that means you'll find lots! Very nice ring. I haven't found one since last year, lol.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds. Great ring save

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring !

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job bud! You and the Tek are killing it

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good hunting there, congrats on the very nice ring too !!

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great ring! Since I got my used Tesoro and gone back over old spots I know I've gotten more than I did with my BH. Maybe it was just me not using it right but now the kids can use it if I can get them into it.

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great ring! Since I got my used Tesoro and gone back over old spots I know I've gotten more than I did with my BH. Maybe it was just me not using it right but now the kids can use it if I can get them into it.

I got mine used too. Imo, that makes it even better. Why pay retail when you don't have to??

It's definitely fun to go back and dig up what you've missed. It's also really nice to have something your kids can learn on.

All in all, I learned many things while using my BH machines (not to mention finding lots of good stuff), and came across a few pretty good spots along the way. For that, I'm very grateful. Had I not gotten started with them, I may not have known what I was doing with something better. Plus, they introduced me to and got me pretty well hooked on this hobby.

My only genuine complaint with the BH's is the lack of depth, although once in a while under the right conditions, they will surprise you. If just one of mine could consistently hit a quarter at 8 or 9" I probably would not have upgraded. There would have been no need.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions