New to coin roll hunting, found 3 in my first box of halves

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Garret gti 2500 with eagle eye. Diver detector soon to come!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to come off aggressive. There isn't an 87 doubled ear, at least not discovered yet. LCR and coppercoins deal in nothing but Lincoln cents and have some of the best authorities in collecting. Take a look, lots of info.
HH
enamel7

I tried but the site said 404 error when I was trying to look at Lincoln errors. All these 87s put to the side to check after I'm done are there for no reason :0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're working on the site. Just scroll down the page past all that stuff and you'll see the search function.

OP
OP
bigdisco00

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to come off aggressive. There isn't an 87 doubled ear, at least not discovered yet. LCR and coppercoins deal in nothing but Lincoln cents and have some of the best authorities in collecting. Take a look, lots of info.
HH
enamel7

no aggression felt dude :thumbsup:

Computer Jones

Oct 23, 2012
The Great Pacific North Wet. (I can see Canada whe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember: for every Ben you don't throw back you lose four walkers... and some from the seventies. But you will never lose any 70 s's. That is true, however but not if you unbalance the Clad proof continuum. If that's the case, you're just screwed.

I hope this cleared everything up for you.

I thought you needed to traveling at 88 miles per hour for this to be true, or maybe that was sort 88 clads per mile wile driving to the dump bank?

"Don't cross the streams, that would be bad!"

OP
OP
bigdisco00

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you needed to traveling at 88 miles per hour for this to be true, or maybe that was sort 88 clads per mile wile driving to the dump bank?

"Don't cross the streams, that would be bad!"

Doc brown called said it didn't work.:laughing7:
he's pretty pissed

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
1. Those are varieties not errors. 2. The 87 isn't known for a doubled ear. The 88 is but only one has been found. There are many different doubled dies to look for during the 80s. Go to coppercoins website and you can research. HH enamel7

Finally! Someone that said "varieties not errors" other than me! I always refrain from saying it, but that you for getting that out there. It's just a pet peeve of mine.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Just look for silver.... errors and what not are NOT worth it

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Certain ones are w.a.ms can sell for a pretty penny if its graded high

But what are the odds? Your gonna strain your eyes, and spend hundreds of hours hoping to find a coin- in good shape- that's worth a few hundred bucks max? I don't see it.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To each his own. If he wants to search for varieties then nothing wrong with that. If you don't want to then don't.
HH
enamel7

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But what are the odds? Your gonna strain your eyes, and spend hundreds of hours hoping to find a coin- in good shape- that's worth a few hundred bucks max? I don't see it.

Many people have different interests. Just because it's not your flavor don't bash someone's choice. Everyone CRH is different, it wouldn't be worth it if EVERYONE just searched for either copper, varieties, WAM's or AG. But to each their own.
HH!
BRChiver

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I also don't strain my eyes its just a quick glance and toss the wam can be seen from a distance don't need to squint

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just look for silver.... errors and what not are NOT worth it

Omega,
There are lots of reasons why people CRH. Treasure hunt, family hobby, pass time, coin collect, stack PMs, make money, etc... Some people CRH pennies exclusively...because they enjoy it. I work in a large town which gives me the bank access to hunt/dump about 30 half boxes per week with just two accounts. I'm sure I could do more with some leg work. It isn't my bankroll that limits me...it's the time and desire. It's only 'worth it' if I'm having fun. If it was just about making money, I'd find a second job.

With all that said, there's room in this hobby (or job) for all types, even if it limits the potential treasures (or profit).

OP
OP
bigdisco00

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please define WAM closest I can find is VAM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread