new to CRH-ing, Question about coin counter reject trays.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody ! I'm new to this aspect of coin collecting , actually i'm re-new to it - I used to go to

banks back in the late sixties /early seventies and check hand rolls . could some of you describe

where on these coin counters the reject tray is located ? It looks to me as though a lot of good

finds are coming from these areas . Thank You and happy hunting ! Argentium.

Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
The vast majority of them are on the front of the machine down like Knee-height. Some stick out and some are dug into the machine. They get missed a lot because they are so low in my opinion and people don't know that they exist... foolish if you ask me. ;)

Some machines also use magnets to weed out certain non-coin metals... the majority of which are located in side the machine... requirin a teller or coin-tech to open it to gain access.

~Dave

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
my bank has the reject tray at knee high also....but it is a penny arcade.....and penny talks to you and tells you to look in the reject tray for valuables when your done......b!%$#....sorry...yet people still leave stuff in there...just nothing good...

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
mistergee said:
my bank has the reject tray at knee high also....but it is a penny arcade.....and penny talks to you and tells you to look in the reject tray for valuables when your done......b!%$#....sorry...yet people still leave stuff in there...just nothing good...
People still leave coins in the talking machines. And gold too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions