New to DD + first dive + Samsung ice maker behind bestb

town_ale26

Mar 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, so Im new to dumpster diving, but not in spirit. Ive actually been thinking about it for years. I had been thinking and reading lately and ultimately decided 'yes, this makes sense'. So today I made the leap, into a dumpster. Behind best buy I found a Samsung ice maker for a refrigerator seemingly new in a shipping box. Does anyone know how I could figure out if it works?

explorapalooza

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2015
Coast-to-Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
BH QDP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome town_ale26! I finally just got around to actually signing up here at TN, after lurking for a few years. I only took the plunge in DDing myself about 2 months ago after seeing some Youtube videos of people getting all kinds of stuff from Gamestop, Best Buy, etc. I have been metal detecting, going to thrift stores and garage sales, and "curb hunting" for many years now, but always thought that DDing was kinda "scummy", but after my first pretty big haul, I am hooked! I go about 3 or 4 times a week in the early mornings and have never had any trouble with employees, maintenance, or law enforcement luckily. I have learned a lot from the people on here and would like to Thank them, as I think there's plenty to go around, and it really helps those of us who don't work a "traditional" job to provide for our family. Finally, in answer to your question - Plug it in and hook up a water supply to it? If not, around my neck of the woods, there are places that would buy it or consign it for you that have the means to check if it's working properly. Good Luck, and I hope you find the "Mother Lode" someday! Cheers!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread