New to digging, found a ton of glasswares!!

blueeyedwolf

May 8, 2013
Cross Lake Maine
Detector(s) used
N/A at this time
Primary Interest:
Other
Hubby and I have found a couple of sweet spots around our area, most of what we "can" identify, has been around the 40-50's....a lot still has not been identified!!Here are some examples....if anyone can help please? If you have any tips/tricks that would be great too, thanks so much!! HPIM0923.JPG HPIM0927.JPG HPIM0944.JPG HPIM0933.JPG HPIM0948.JPG

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello wolf,

Welcome to TNet, and thanks for showing us your finds. Those first few digs are amazingly exciting. I mean, who knew there were all these great bottles buried under the sod, right. Having said that, this era of refuse is notable for the sodas & milk bottles. The rest not so much.

I see you have a nice amber krinkly Crush and a couple of unidentified milks. Clean those guys up & let's take another look.

I also see what I think is an early 7-Up, perhaps from the late Thirties. The ACL on the 7-Up looks iffy. Let it dry out for a week or 2 before trying to clean it. I'd be interested if it has any date codes on the base or heel. The mug looks like an old jelly container from here.

Welcome to the joys of bottle digging.

DP106371.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions