New to doing this but not to knowing about it.

hallycat

May 17, 2008
Our son sent my husband a metal detector a Silver something or other..
my husband is 73 I am in a power chair and 70 so he will be doing the walking and detecting and i will be riding and just enjoying being a part of it..
We are in San Marcos, and dont know where to go or how to go about it. is there any web site that tells what we can do and not do. i have been reading the past posts and found out we cant go to the parks. but what about school grounds or fair grounds. or flea markets . (when they arent there any more_Ball parks.
.there are a lot of historic areas around here. but we dont want to get arrested. can someone help us out with some more information?
I can go most anyplace in my chair gras, rocks. etc.. what about aquareana area. ?

thank you all very much

OP
OP
H

hallycat

May 17, 2008
Thank you treasure I have printed out your suggestions and come Monday will be on the phone.. I do appreciate it.
We live in a senior complex so there really aren't any yards. we can still go do what we can. and who knows I'm a positive person we may find a lot of good things in the area.. thank you and happy hunting to you too.. hallycat

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Howdy hally cat and welcome we go to san marcus and dive a few times a yr. I bet that any private yards you can get to along the river would be amazing, you cant detect in the parks but you can in the water.
Look for construction digs around town also they usally wont stop you. That town Is steeped in history Spanish included

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread