New to forum

oracle

Nov 1, 2008
MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Happy belated New Year to all!

I'm new to this forum but have been reading the posts for awhile about all the great finds that are being made and decided to jump into CRH in the New Year. I think I'm going to concentrate mostly on cents and half dollars, cents because of the wheaties and also because there are a lot of doubled dies and die varieties that can still be found in circulation, and halves because it looks like the best shot at finding silver.

Went to a bank where I know they have a coin counting machine and asked the teller if they had a bag of half dollars or cents that I could buy that came from the coin machine. He told me he didn't think they had any halves in the vault but would sell me any bags of cents they had. He came back a few minutes later and told me the bank manager said they don't sell the bags of coins because it belongs to the coin machine company (sounds like a lot of BS to me) but could sell me a box of cents and would have to order a box of halves if I wanted them. Anyhow, bought the Brinks box of cents yesterday and went through all the rolls last night and while the finds aren't great I'm not complaining.
Wheaties:
1934, 1941, 1942, 1944, 1944-D, 1945, 1946, 1947-D, 1948, 1950-D, 1951, 1952-D, 1956
Pre 1960 Canadian:
1944, 1953, (2) 1956
Also my son cashed in his cup of pocket change for some greenbacks and I got two more wheaties:
1945, 1953-D

Thanks for reading and happy hunting,
Rich

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!!! My banks won't sell me the bags either... Just put in your order and and hope they don't forget to often. :thumbsup:

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
OP
OP
oracle

oracle

Nov 1, 2008
MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Thanks for the tip GMan. Checked it and its the more common NSF. Now onto the 98, 99, and 00 Lincolns looking for those wide AM's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions