New to forum

Nonsequitur

Dec 18, 2006
Well, things were a little slow last week at work so I surfed the net and found ya'lls site. Fantastic! I read through the site for about an hour, got the old fever, and then went home and pulled my dad's Heathkit metal detector out and buzzed around the yard for an hour or two. (Some of ya'll older people may remember the Heathkit metal detectors....the one where you build the coil into the head and use a transistor type AM radio for the signal? After you build the radio?) Well, after 56 cents and a pocket full of junk I went and bought a cheap BH from Wally-world. Found more coins,(nothing old), and more junk.The Heathkit did better! So I looked through the site (looking for a decent and up-to-date detector that wouldn't drain the bank account and wouldn't be stuffed into a closet when I got bored) and decided to find me one of those Radio Shack BH Discovery 3300's. I managed to sweet-talk the lady manager to find me a BH3300 for $99 from another store (they had zero in stock). Will be here on Friday. In the mean-time, I'll let my hands heal from all the digging through the tough Texas soil around here! Will let ya'll know how it works out. Have an old 1880-90 farm 100 yards away that will require my attention for awhile. Will let ya'll know how it panned out.

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Welcome aboard, Nonsequitur! I remember one of the Heathkit units that was modeled on (or a kit form of) the old Goldak detector. Best of luck with your new BH machines, and I'll be watching for your posts and finds!

All the best,
PBK

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum ! Good Luck and keep us posted on your finds.

Huntin' 59er

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasure net - hope you learn a lot.

captinharry

Sep 30, 2006
Houston, Texas
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
the BH 3300 is a good machine - most of the close out 99$ are long gone so you got your 1st good find to get you hands on that detector at that price.
Lot of Texans around, where are you located.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread