New to forum

RHoward

Mar 1, 2008
Martin City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTA1000, Money Hunter BFO, Minelab E-Trac & Garrett Pro Pointer
I just want to say hello. I am new here but have been using metal detectors from the time the first one hit the market sometime in the 60's. The 1st one was a joke coil made of wood, drifted constantly really bad if grass was wet, depth penetration about 2" max. All together have owned 6 detectors the last 5 are Garretts still have 3 of them.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey RHoward

Welcome to TNet!! There are a lot of great people here, I'm certain that if you have any questions They are all willing to answer them.

HH

PTP

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Welcome aboard & if you've been detecting since the 60's hopefully you'll have some good advise for us .

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Welcome to TNet, Howard. Look forward in getting to know you and seeing some of your finds.

HH,
Pepper

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
thats funny Howard my dad had some off brand in the 70s, said it was good for wet grass and pull tabs. welcome to tnet

OP
OP
RHoward

RHoward

Mar 1, 2008
Martin City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Yea the first machine was junk, almost gave it up at that time but saw an add for Garrett and bought their beat frequency machine; no discriminate back then so used an ice pick to probe if I did not make contact it was foil. At that time every where was full of coins because I was the first one there, most people did not even know what I was doing. My treasure chest weights over 100 pounds.

OP
OP
RHoward

RHoward

Mar 1, 2008
Martin City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Only about 3 feet here. What is the nearest community to you?

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
from one newbie to another,WELCOME!!! You will love these people, I've been overwhelmed with the kindness, information and I'm learning sooo muuccchhh. Enjoy. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread