New to hobby, first hunt.

froggy13

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
just got my first detector with Christmas money (Bounty Hunter IV) and have been unable to get out to use it. My work hours are such that I can?t hunt after work (this time of year) and traveling on the weekends has stopped the show as well. My wife suggested I take the detector to work and mess around during lunch with it so I did today. I have lots to learn but was very excited to find my first radiator cap and rusty screw. I can hardly wait for this weekend as I live in a neighborhood that was built on the sight of an 1800?s cotton plantation just north of Kennesaw Georgia with some woods still intact. I love this forum and hope I will have some real finds to post soon. Thanks for reading my post, you folks are indeed motivating.

Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Froggy. Just find lots of stuff and post lots of pictures and we'll love you! :-*

Good luck!

DIGGITALL

Nov 30, 2005
HEY! Im new too been doing this for a couple of years now again did it a long time ago but just got a new detector again . this is a great forum for this hobby I like coming in this room like to see what others have found too keep diggin !!!! diggitall

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Froggy...this IS a great place..good people all around.Since you got the MD with you at work,stop by a school yard or playground on the way home.Check it out ....good luck and HH!!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Frog,

welcome to the forum.

Hope you enjoy that new machine. The more you get to know it the better
both of you will perform. Take it slow, don't expect too much in the
beginning, you have to give it time..

Hope you find a bunch.

have a good un............

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Frog!!!

Congrats on your finds!

Good luck to you on your next outing!

Nana ;)

don

Jan 21, 2005
If you can't go during the day Buy a headlight ( LED ) and find a buddy and hit some spots at night.
I do it often and its great, no one bothers you.

HH Don

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Froggy13 to a great hobby and to a great forum ! You can learn a lot from the many knowledgeable people on this forum. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your future finds. Good Luck !

Huntin' 59er

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
The Battle of Atlanta wasn't confined to the limits of the official park, so you might find some relics of the War of Northern Aggression there in your neighborhood!

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the best metal detecting site on the net and welcome to the hobby!

Attachments

• frog.gif
    frog.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 177

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread