new to indian artifacts

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350
well here's my story I've been an avid metal detectorist for the last 4 years and have been a member of T'net for a few years now.I've read posts on arrow heads and other artifacts and on day it just dawned on me hey look for these things while detecting.so for the last month or so I've been paying more attention to all the rocks I've been passing and picking up the ones that looked like they maybe something but the have look like an arrow head for me to even notice.I've only got a few so far but that will grow.they are not as nice as some of the ones I've seen posted here before but i do have 2 that i really like and one that i found today that just looks so cool to me with the different colors and lines through it. so with that being said here's the pictures.

Attachments

• 42109 004.jpg
    42109 004.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 244
  • arrowheads 002.jpg
    arrowheads 002.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 257
  • arrowheads 001.jpg
    arrowheads 001.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 249
  • arrowheads 003.jpg
    arrowheads 003.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 249
Upvote 0

am-ark

Nov 30, 2008
Virginia
Looks like you have a great spot...you will find some really nice points there soon...keep checking after a good rain! :thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. I want your brand of detector if you are finding nice points like that :thumbsup:. I metal detect and look also. Great habit and looks like it paid off for you. Welcome to Ancient Indian Artifacts .
HH TnMountains

OP
OP
dragon6banger

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350
thank you. i wish i could pick them up with a detector or even come up with a detector for arrowheads i'd be rich

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to artifacts.
They are all rhyolite. The larger lanceolate is a 'Guilford round base'~ banded rhyolite. The darker one is possibly a Guilford too.
Nice finds, now you have an eye for finding them, it will become easier.
Congrats, look forwards to seeing what else you find.

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread