swampdog50

Apr 15, 2013
nepa
Detector(s) used
do not own one yet ...doing research on them now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
morning to all

been reading here for a couple days and i'm impressed with the knowledge and helpful info that i'm finding here. my brother is the enabler here..lol I don't own a detector as of yet, still doing the research of a few models , just undecided as of yet... I have a lot of reading to do and i'll have it figured out in a few weeks . i'm kinda leaning towards a white or garrett....... somewhere between 600.00-900.00 .

any hoot glad to have found this site and hoping to do some detecting within a month or so, til then i'll be doing a lot reading .....:coffee2:

be well

swampdog50

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from under sand:hello:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCME ABOARD TNET :hello:

OP
OP
S

swampdog50

Apr 15, 2013
nepa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
afternoon
thanx for all the welcome posts...

mustangpalmer... i'm from down around centermoreland , it's just south of Tunkhannock , when I finally get a MD , i'll keep in touch and we'll try and meet somewhere ok
I've been reading alot, and it seems to me that there really isn't alot MD stores around this area...? i'd really like to see one in person , ya know to hold and see what's what..lol so to speck . I don't mind traveling alittle if I have to , no big deal.

any and all suggestions r welcome and again thanx for all the responces

be well

swampdog50

OP
OP
S

swampdog50

Apr 15, 2013
nepa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanx for the address mustangpalmer

i'll get down there in a couple days

much appreciated, i'll let ya know what I find

be well

swampdog50

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Search is what detecting is all about sooooooooo, try searching for a detecting club near you. The folks in them are usually very helpful and most of them will already own a detector or a few and give out a lot of free advice. This site has sponsors that give nice discounts on detectors and accessories. Best of Success....................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions