new to md in ashburnham

shawng1980

Dec 16, 2006
i brand spankin new to the hobby! borrowed my uncle's detector last year...dug up about half a dollar in clad, now I'm hooked. just ordered an ace 250 this week, should be getting it soon, cant wait for the spring.
i live in central mass. ashburnham to be exact.
anyone know any great areas around here to search, so far i only did a hunt in my yard and my neighbors. going to re do it with the new detector.
i do live within walking distance of the mid state trail, think that might be a good spot?
anyone have any advice or tips on finding historic homesteads or foundations?
also going to try and hunt some of the state forest land around here...if i can that is! any advice for a newbie would be appreciated..haven't been hunting long, but I'm hooked, my new obsession!

thanks, Shawn g.

rebelinmass

Aug 3, 2005
Lunenburg,Ma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-terra 70, sandshark pi, vibraprobe 560 and 580
At the time of this post, 52 people have read it and not one response. Pretty sad. Welcome to tnet. I live not far from you(lunenburg) I've got an ace 250 myself. If I could be of any help to you what so ever please email me at [email protected]

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Oregon, Willamette Valley(left side).
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
Hi,welcome ..................
You will find amazing tips, hints, and soooooo much more here!
Probably have the some smartest folks you could ever meet!
There are soooo many things to read on here, sometimes someone slips thru without (almost)everybody saying hello! ::) :-\
(Thanks Rebel)
Sorry Shawn........... glad you're here. Have fun and best of luck in you hunts. :thumbsup:

(oh and we ALL love pics,lol). Mags

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
i have an Ace 250 as well and im in franklin mass.I have to send my car in the shop next friday but then im good for a group hunt.Im learning alot about my Ace and it really does take a bit to understand.1st off just dig the strong repeatable signals until you get familiar with your machine.deep silver signals more often then not are usually Iron.Pinpointing is mind boggling ??? but im getting better with it.Theres a few good videos about the Ace 250 and how to's...pinpointing and such that will help alot.

bennym

Apr 13, 2008
Gardner, Ma.
Detector(s) used
American Hawks Explorer HP 1016 & Harbor Freight pin pointer
I'm new too.... I'm just up the road from you... Gardner... ;D

Skillets

Mar 6, 2007
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Shawn, I have been majorly slacking on keeping up with the local board, so I'm just seeing your post now.

We seem to have a little north central contingent building up here....myself and Rebelinmass are both in Lunenburg, Radarwill is close by as well, as are you Shawn, and the newly registered BennyM!! Who else?

I am planning to request permission to hunt a 250 year old farm in Leominster....can anyone say GROUP HUNT?! That is.....IF I obtain the permission....

LET'S GO MASSACHUSETTS HUNTERS!!!! OUR OLD, COLONIAL STATE DEMANDS THAT WE DIG!!!!

bennym

Apr 13, 2008
Gardner, Ma.
Detector(s) used
I'm willing to bet Central Mass. hasn't been tapped yet either ! ;D

Skillets

Mar 6, 2007
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I sent my permission request letter out in today's mail....if I get the go-ahead, I will start a seperate thread looking for group recruits....this ownership of this farm goes back to the Native American population in the early 1700's, so let's all keep our fingers crossed!

bennym

Apr 13, 2008
Gardner, Ma.
Detector(s) used
Cool.... Abenaki country.... I'm part Abenaki.... maybe I'll find something my Great, Great Grandfather left behind :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread