Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Xp deus ,minelab safari, whites mx5, fisher f70 ,Garrett at pro, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Just ordered a Garrett Ace 250, have not received it yet. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on good places to start looking. I will focus on my own yard until i am comfortable with the equipment. Thanks for any info.
What part of ms are u from I might could help a little

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have u checked out the battle of tupelo.There was around 25,000 troops and around 50 artillery guns. It was only a 2 day battle but there has to be a ton of relics around there or go to your local parks or door knock if u are into coin shooting. Also if u want to get the most out of your Ace 250 I would suggest running it in a no discrimination setting and sensitivity 1 or 2 bars from max will get u better depth and say a coin or relic is located close to a piece of iron if u are running say a coin setting and have iron disc out there is a good chance that u could miss the target because it was disc out being close to the iron I had the ace 350 and this is what worked best for me

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tupelo area
It shouldn't be too hard to find the troop movements through tupelo here is some of the stuff me and a group of guys dug at the siege of Vicksburg
5e566a2ff977bc271e2700b4f85e2a9f.jpg

jamiefind

Oct 4, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, wireless ear receiver, Lesche digging tool & sod cutter, Lesche T-handle HD shovel, home-built 1/4" sifter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome! Your opinions may evolve over time, but are you more interested in finding old iron relics or coins at this point? I just got an Ace 350 a month or two ago. The biggest things I've learned so far (practice) is to look at the graphic visualizer a lot more than when I started. I've also gotten a lot better with the pinpoint mode, and I've learned to recognize a few sound patterns, eg, and very close two-signal target is usually a nail, and either end of the nail is putting out a separate strong signal. I say this simply to give you an idea as to what might be the kinds of things you might learn as a newbie. I don't know what the "next level" is all about, but I know where I've been. Good luck, and dig everything at first (but pay attention to the signal before digging, otherwise you won't learn anything).

OP
OP
L

leecoll

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2015
Shannon, Ms
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate all the advice, I live about 10 miles south of tupelo. I have been researching troop movement into and out of the tupelo area trying to get an idea of where to start

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the troop movements on day 2

Attachments

• 1447636841029.jpg
    1447636841029.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 150

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It shouldn't be too hard to find the troop movements through tupelo here is some of the stuff me and a group of guys dug at the siege of Vicksburg
5e566a2ff977bc271e2700b4f85e2a9f.jpg

Man, I'm jealous...
One of the few places that I'd kill for a chance to hunt is Vicksburg.

~Tejaas~

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is great information.
Any way one of the northern MS clubs could coordinate a hunt with a Southern MS Club at this location?
That would be awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions