New to MD WHAT IF::::

T

timeseeker1

I have always collected coins, relics etc. I have always hunted but in no mans land- wilderness areas. I use gps, and in lots of places i have been there? are walls of shale, white rock, gray rock, and various colors of? stone, also found some foundations of stone and shale. one area had lots of bottles --- some with seals intact DR. Quinn outers colored long story short in my excitement i forgot to insert a way-point on gps oops! have not been Abel to relocate. my point is treasure is every where! what if:::: you find a cloth with 50 20 or even 5 coins 1 or all excellent condition and are very rare......... isn't that what 1 day we all dream of? that find! history! your mark! from hoards to the family hiding their funds, robbery's, randsoms, the potential is there. I bought a MD and now plan to still hunt but this time with MD 2500 gti :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
try to find an old topo map of the area in question and look for buildings in the general area. it might help you to relocate those foundation ruins.sounds like a promising spot if you can re find it.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Welcome! That is the same way I started detecting, collecting coins, then relics, finding bottle dumps, then eventually detecting :)

OP
OP
T

timeseeker1

it's just that being in wilderness area (sigh rangers books) and finding areas like these can be nothing but promiseing if you take your time. why arn't areas like these discussed? they are just as promiseing as a large hoard.... arn't they? :)

PADirtfisher

Greenie
Jul 9, 2003
PA, near Philadelphia
Heh, that reminds me - if you find money in the pocket of old clothes, don't forget to take the clothes! The oldest known pair of Levi's were found in an abandoned silver mine in the Mojave Desert, and were filthy when found. Some bright spark picked them up and cleaned them, and they sold (to Levi Strauss Company) for over $46,000. They're considered the most valuable pair of jeans in existence. Now, how many people do you think saw them there over the last 120 years and left them there, thinking they were worthless? I try to remember that every time I go hunting. Treasure comes in many forms...

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions