New to MD

kpro3

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All.

Just got a great MD for my son. We are new to North Carolina and have been trying to find areas to search.

This site is great but also huge and overwhelming.

I am trying to find any resources, where could be fun to go with the family and especially where is off limits.

I did introduce myself on the state subforum .

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the T-net. Great to see a father get his son into metal detecting. Might be one of the best things you ever do for him. This hobby can change the direction of an individuals life. Seriously great way to bond and learn things together as a family. The folks here are willing to help and very experienced in all types of metal detecting and treasure hunting. You will find your way around in time and appreciate what this sight does for our community. Enjoy.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Virginia! Best thing to do is research on a place you may want to hunt. Most towns and cities have websites and codes listed. Good place to start. Private property if posted, only with written permission of the land owner. If you live in a neighborhood and get a chance, the grass strip between the sidewalk and road may be a place to check but you may be chased away by some people not liking your digging, etc. Networking with friends and family for property permissions is always good too. Be sure to work on your digging and plug closing technique so you don't leave holes. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from CT!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions