110d_1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 234

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
It's the former White's entry level machine. They've had the replacement Prizm 2 for about 3 years now.
White's always built a lasting machine and is a good bet to start with. I think you have a fine beginning machine.

Recently, people have been jumping on the Garrett 250 machine for a little over $200 because it has ID screen and pinpointing (both good features).

However, a few years back, when I was a White's dealer, I tried to get people on a limited budget to try the non-ID machines and learn the sounds of different items. While, the ID is a nice item, it isn't as necessary as having the sound. I think people forget that.

Either way, if your interest grows after finding some good stuff, you'll probably be wanting a new machine in a little while. If you can afford to don't trade this one iin, but hang on to it so you can take your kids, grandkids, friends, wife or preacher with you. Everyone likes to get involved once they see you finding stuff.

Good luck and good hunting.

Burt

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nate ,

Welcome to TN and good louk with your new friend. ;D

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
That is a very capable machine. In my opinion I would rather have it than any Prizm. You can have target id on you detector. Here's how. Make small labels for a nickle, tab, zinc, copper cent etc. Then make a small line on the end like a pointer. Then tape them around your disc dial just where these coins drop out in an air test. Then when your hunting and get a repeatable beep simply turn the disc knob up to where the target quits beeping. That will give you as good an indication as TID. The 8 inch coil that's on it it a great all around coil. Starting out run the disc just under the nickel range. Then later you can set the disc to just over a small nail to help in finding GOLD. But you will dig a lot of trash - just be ready! Everyone does it that looks for gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread