tamaco

Oct 16, 2013
southwest
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to metal detecting :) - UPDATE!

Good evening all. I am new to metal detecting, but have been interested in it! So I finally found a md (bounty hunter elite 2200) on craigslist. I can't wait to get out in the real world with it. I went into my backyard and found an old piece of tinfoil :) . I find this forum really informative and very exciting with everyone's finds!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to you

ForumRunner_20131207_232615.png

ForumRunner_20131207_232655.png

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good evening and welcome. I am sure you enjoy your new addiction.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
It takes practice to know what the detector is telling you. You can if you want make a test area by finding a small patch of ground that's clear of metal, lay down a cloth or news paper spread out some metal items pop tops, coins , gold ring etc run the detector over each. There's a ton of good advice here on T -net.
Congrats on your first find! HH!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome!
It takes practice to know what the detector is telling you. You can if you want make a test area by finding a small patch of ground that's clear of metal, lay down a cloth or news paper spread out some metal items pop tops, coins , gold ring etc run the detector over each. There's a ton of good advice here on T -net.
Congrats on your first find! HH!
Better yet, have someone else lay down the cloth with various targets underneath and then see if you can score the good targets from the bad! TTC

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to metal detecting and Treasurenet, and congrats on your first detector! The other guys gave you good advise, in that you should try your detector on known targets before hunting with it. Practice a bit, take your time and be patient - it will reward you with finds.

Good luck!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get out there and have fun now. It is going to be every bit as much fun as you anticipated, even more so once you have some experience. I am sure you have read it takes a hundred hours or more to learn your machine....don't think for a moment that this isn't true. Be diligent and thoughtful. Look around you and let your imagination and your hunches guide you as well as posts here. Good luck and please post pics of your finds. You will be teaching the new people yourself very soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

tamaco

Oct 16, 2013
southwest
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the welcome messages! I am very excited to get out there. Do you all recommend local parks, tot lots, and schools as a good starting place?

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck and Happy Hunting....I hope you enjoy this hobby as much as the rest of us......

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are ALL great starting places. You're sure to get finds in those sites. I have spent at least 90% of my first year in these types hunts. They all give you a variety of targets. Dig 'em all and remember what your machine was telling you for each dig. You'll soon be calling your signals pretty accurately. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jdbeier38

Greenie
Mar 10, 2013
Central IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stick with it and don't give up! It took me a LONG time to find anything worth while but once I did I hit a jackpot. A lot of people buy a detector thinking it magically finds silver and gold nonstop but that's untrue without a lot of experience and time invested. I started around October of last year finding absolutely nothing until spring BUT ended this year with 31 silver and $41.50 in clad which I used to buy more silver. It's an extremely fun hobby just stick with it and the rewards WILL come!

OP
OP
T

tamaco

Oct 16, 2013
southwest
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update --

We went to the local high school this morning and found a few items. image.jpg . The pennies rightward were found items with eyeballs. The left items were detected :). We're excited!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions