Metal Detecting
I emailed the city attorney in my town and found all city land is ok

it's worth an email

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi everyone! Where are some good places in Central MS to go metal detecting at? I am new to this so I really don't know where to begin. I know there are laws to follow so I'm just not sure where is legal and where isn't. If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it! I'm enjoying reading all of the threads on here!

Welcome! Wish I had something to offer, but I'm fairly new to MS. Start with your own property, then ask family/friends. That would get you some detecting time while you search out other spots. Good luck!

Yehuwdiy

Jan 6, 2016
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Nugget Snoop Pro, Garret Euroace
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
learning in your own yard can be a good way to start. More than anything if you care about your lawn you will quickly develop good digging habits!

Do be ware thought that above and below ground telephone, power etc lines can send your machine haywire. In my yard I can test stuffi nthe back yard, but in the front yard my machine goes nuts at any setting.

Also, for some quick wins try out playgrounds (tot lots?), the ones with tan-bark. easy digging and easy pickings :)

OP
OP
T

tylerjacobmom

Dec 27, 2015
Florence, MS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your help! I would love to go detecting in the Vicksburg area or an another area that may have some Civil War artifacts. Just not sure where to go. I know the military park is off limits. Before I do that, I definitely need to use my detector more and get used to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread