new to rocks

veronasteve

Mar 22, 2008
ive been a keen metal hunter for 4\5 yrs now and wanted to add another dimension to it...so thought i should get in to rocks and stuff...i live in italy so theres always the chance of worked stone tools and weapons.....but what other types should i be on the look out for........with out sounding like a money grabber :headbang:..what can i find that collecters might buy....

regards steve

btw i'm in north italy near the alps.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Collectors buy mostly fine specimens which are not all to common.
Instead of doing a list go out and bring some rocks in here and let us get you started that way. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
veronasteve

veronasteve

Mar 22, 2008
Eu_citzen said:
Instead of doing a list go out and bring some rocks in here and let us get you started that way. :icon_thumleft:

i wouldn't know what list to make :icon_scratch:
i will just keep a look out for anything interesting....the hills around here contain a lot of marble\granite...
theres also marine fossils......but like i say will pick up anything unusual looking.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
veronasteve said:
Eu_citzen said:

i wouldn't know what list to make :icon_scratch:
i will just keep a look out for anything interesting....the hills around here contain a lot of marble\granite...
theres also marine fossils......but like i say will pick up anything unusual looking.

I thought you where after some sort of list of what to look for lol. ;D
Look for a rusty colour if your after ore minerals. Otherwise you'd have to break up new rocks every so often.
Marbles can be very pretty sometimes! Would love to see some pics of your tours. :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread