New to the area...So whats a good md for TN ground

JR in Hohenwald TN.

Mar 15, 2009
Hi, I'm James. I moved here last year from MS. I've done alot of hunting in the Vicksburg MS area since 85'. This past year I sold my last detector which was a Delion(didn't really like it) Had a Minelab Advantage Pro before that and a XLT before that. I've had 1270, Compass X100,Whites 5900 and all kinds really. Down there the ground isnt as mineralized. Canteens have come out of the ground still able to hold water without leaking and buttons with 90%+ gilt. Even dug shells with the sabot straps still intact.

I'm wanting to pop and get another md since I sold my last one. Getting the fever again I guess.
Whats a good machine with manual ground balancing along with auto. Nothing too fancy,I dont need bells and whistles.

I prefer Relic Hunting as I go to MS every 2 weeks for family but now live here. Lite and comfortable.....And on occasion do some house site/coin hunting. ANY SUGGESTIONS for this TN dirt?????

Mike_of_Tenn

Nov 19, 2008
White Bluff, TN
Detector(s) used
MineLab X-Terra 70
Hey there JR! First welcome to the Forum! Second your not far from me! I live in Dickson,TN! Your also not far from "BigTim1973" (me hunting buddy). Maybe we can all get out sometime together...
I use the XLT, in fact I have owned 3.. I like the machine that well,but there are better..God I hope the White's people don't read this... ::) I am a firm believer in White's machine's and have used them since I was a kid. But I am really wanting to get a MineLab and give her a go at it.
I really believe I can get deeper with one. "BigTim" has a X-Terra50 and loves it! Lord knows he finds all the good stuff! Up to you really on what ya want...I used to hunt Civil War relics as a kid in Murfreesboro,TN..But mostly hunt school yards, tot-lots, and old homes now..In fact the button on my avatar I found the first day out with me newest XLT in a tot-lot! Treasure is where ya find it!

Shoot me a PM and maybe we can get out sometime soon...I may go out here in a few minutes! ;)

Mike

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I go up to Pulaksi, TN on occasion and the X-terra 70 I have works great up there. I think you'll find that the TN ground is at least as good as what you describe, maybe better. I know its better than what we have in Alabama.

Tn Dirt Digger

Sep 21, 2008
Pulaski Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nautilus IIba/10" Coil, Whites MXT, M6, 950 Stock Coil, Super12, 6X10 DD, 10X12 SEF Butterfly
Hey Jr. I'm George from Pulaski...I highly recommend the MXT...I haven't used anything else except for an M6...Something may be better than the MXT...but it sure has served me well.

George

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tennessee and treasure net. If I was going to buy a new machine,,, I would watch todays finds after a weekend and see what they are using to pull things out of the ground and where. I think it really just depends upon what machine you are good with. Lots of relic hunters use Tesoro but am sure there are better machines out there. Let us know what one you pick and how you like it, I am always thinking about a new one : ) :thumbsup:
TnMountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have used the mxt ? its ok lots of flashy displays and say buckle a lot when it is not. Tesoro just tells you something is there and by the sound you learn.Again look at what the guys on todays finds are pulling out and where. Good luck sir :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions