New to the forum, wanted to introduce myself........

Pecos Pirate

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2005
crane,tx
Hello, I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Liberty Hill, TX and have long been interested/fanatical about buried treasures and historical artifacts. I am a history major and eat and sleep history. I am a life long-native Texan, I have a small ranch located on the Pecos River- just a few miles from Judge Roy Beans infamous saloon/court room. The confluence of the Pecos/Devil's/ and Rio Grande rivers is a few miles downstream from me. My family also owns the entire area around Castle Gap, possible location of numerous treasure sights. I grew up 10 miles from this area. Look forward to some great conversation/insight..........

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
welcome pirate....if you are into history that much you will go far in this hobby......good luck...gldhntr

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
whats up pirate?! welcome to the forum. what kind of detector are you swinging?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Welcome to the forum!

Good luck on your finds! Sounds like you got plenty of great areas to look!

Nana ;)

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Wellcome Pecos!! That's definitely a great area to hunt, you could find everything from artifacts, Spanish treasure,outlaw loot,civil war era item's etc. Sharpen those eye skill's, and study your history you should do pretty good. I'll ask around about stories in that area.
Dano.

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Howdy Pecos--- Welcome aboard ! I don't know much about Texas, but there should be alot of folks here to help. My first year is coming up next month and with the help from these people on this forum, I have learned a LOT. As dano91
said " sharpen those eye skills" If something is looks out of place or just doesn't look right, don't pass it up, take pictures and study them at home.

Jacko

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
sounds like relic hunting may be up your alley. texas is a good place to be for that stuff .......rich in history! i would suggest the whites MXT for relic hunting.it has a nice built in relic program.

K

Kentucky Kache

Liberty Hill, TX. Greetings from Liberty, KY. Welcome aboard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions