New to the Forum

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hello, Everybody,

I have been reading this forum for several months now. It is amazing that you guys and gals are finding such good stuff.

I jumped into MDing back in June when I bought my DFX. I have hunted the usual easily accessible sites such as parks and public places. I've also hunted some old privately owned sites that have been MDed to death over the years. I've found a bit of clad coinage and pennies. Several of the pennies have been wheats. My only silver coin to date has been a 1944 Mercury dime. I have found two rings, one was sterling silver with a malachite stone. I lost this one minutes after I found it. Beware when the wife says, "Wow, that's just my size. " She does let me see it on occasion, though. The other ring I thought was a diamond. Man, did I do a war dance when I pulled it out of the ground. I had a jeweler check it out and it was glass with a 10K gold plated band.

The most interesting relic I've found to date has been an old telegraph key. It was dug up in the city park near the old post office site. I can just imagine the messages that might have been sent out over that thing. "This will be my last message. The gunfire is getting closer. The Yankees are less than a mile away. Our troops are retreating. They have already set the mill on fire. Good luck."

Last night I got permission to hunt a private site that has never been hunted before. It was built as a house in the early 20s and later converted to a church. It has been in the same family for several generations. After I get to this place later in the week, maybe I'll be able to hit the good stuff, like Mercs, Barbers, Indian heads, and the things you all find that make me envious!

But now it is time to go to work. Good hunting, all.

Mike

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
TD,

welcome to the board.

Nice pull on that old telegraph key.

Hope we will be seeing more of your finds.

have a good un.............

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
Welcome to the forum TD.Glad your here.Looking forward to seeing what you find.HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Look forward to your posts and finds. HH, Mike

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
welcome mike. Good luck on your future quests and hope to see many posts from you. The good stuff will come and then you can make me jealous!

HH

Funkman

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey Mike. Welcome to the board. You can always find greener pastures. I know I live in a decent location but I have traveled 8 hours to locations that are much better. I just take what I can get and enjoy the hobby for what it is. Your new site sounds promising. Good luck. Maybe you will find something that we can drool over. :)

Bob

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
good to have you here mike. welcome aboard!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, love the telegraph key....your the only erson i've heard of finding one of those

HH
-GC

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum T.D. - Looking forward to your future posts! Congrats on the Key! Like the rest, I've never seen one.... ;D

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Great to have you here! Will be on the lookout for your posts of "...good stuff, like Mercs, Barbers, and Indian heads," too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread