New to the Forum

Pinellas Man

Sep 15, 2008
North Florida
I'm new to the forum and I've actually only been collecting artifacts since this past May. I've always been interested in them so when I decided I needed to get more exercise I told myself I might as well look for them. I've made several good friends in the process so that's another bonus. As you see I call myself Pinellas Man which I have found a lot of that type of point since I started looking. Here's a couple of my pics that have Pinellas points in them.
DSC00436.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

Upvote 0

DreamcatcherNC

Jul 22, 2008
Wow, P-Man!! beautiful collection. You may be new but you're obviously doing it right. Thanks for the pics.

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Welcome to the T-net family!!!!!!!

Looks like you've done pretty dang good since May!

Keep em coming!

StevenX

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi P, Glad you decided to join us. Welcome my friend.
That sure is a great collection you got going on there, Congrats on your finds. I only have one of this type,unfortunately thats broke, but now I can look at yours. ::)
Look forward to seeing your future finds..Good Luck.

Molly. :)

Billco

Oct 8, 2007
Alabama
That's some collection that you built in a short time. I only began hunting last October. I found a lot in a hurry once I figured out how to find a find a good spot. They come a little slower now, since I only hunt within walking distance of my home. But I still manage to find a few now and then.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer points Pinellas Man.

What is the time frame on those type and where do they come from. The reason I ask is they look identical to the Ft Ancient Madisons and Levanna Points we find here in southern Ohio. We even find the serrated ones like some of yours.

OP
OP
Pinellas Man

Pinellas Man

Sep 15, 2008
North Florida
DorkFish said:

What is the time frame on those type and where do they come from. The reason I ask is they look identical to the Ft Ancient Madisons and Levanna Points we find here in southern Ohio. We even find the serrated ones like some of yours.

DorkFish, they are from the Mississippian Culture 1000AD to 1600AD. I found them in North Florida.

king saftey

Aug 5, 2008
bunch of sweet lil points, i have been huntin artifacts in florida around nine years and never found a whole pinellas. way to go man :o :o :o

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinellas Man said:
DorkFish said:

DorkFish, they are from the Mississippian Culture 1000AD to 1600AD. I found them in North Florida.

Thanks, that is the same time frame of our Ft Ancient sites in our area. Here's a tray of my Madisons and you can see how similar they are to yours.

Artifact%20Pictures%20037.jpg

OP
OP
Pinellas Man

Pinellas Man

Sep 15, 2008
North Florida
That's an awesome frame DorkFish :o The point dead center of my frame is a Tampa which were made in the same time frame as the Pinellas points.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey PM!

You have more Pinellas' than I've found in over 28 years in Florida! Killer, fantastic!
Do you find chips in the same fields/digs or are you as I might expect in ancient excellent hunting grounds?
:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions