New to the Game

Pirate Vern

Greenie
Apr 29, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi All...

I get the concept and love the idea of looking for silver coins....

But how do you get the Value out of them? Will people buy them based only on the melt value? And who would it be??
Would I be wrong to approach this entirely from the "Searching for Silver" viewpoint? I plan on doing Dimes and Halves..
Are there Key Dates that are worth keeping??

Thanks for reading my post!!

:laughing7:

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read the beginners guide in the stickies section up top if you havent already

And ya im sure people will buy them off you for melt (I know I will so message me lol) but if thats all you are goning to do this for is selling them youre wasting your time and money (gas) cause youll spend way more in gas than if you were to just go buy the ag- especially since ag is so low right now
Good luck

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with Iamrussell; if you are getting into this for profit, good luck. A few years back this was entirely possible. With the influx of roll hunters recently, finds are slim. With the cost and time involved, one would be better off taking on a second job.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the hobby. If your wanting to know about key & semi-key dates, I suggest buying a current issue of the U.S.Coin Red Book, and read up on the dimes & halves sections that you plan on hunting. Good luck nubie. Your not going to get rich, but it's a fun hobby to get into for the excitement of the HUNT.

OP
OP
P

Pirate Vern

Greenie
Apr 29, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the Replies.. I am NOT looking to get rich...lol Think it would just be fun.. I will have no Problems getting the boxes
.. And I can turn in up to $1000 a day in change for free at work... AND I always think hey what if I do this for 10 years?? I'm sure I could have a nice little collection.. I will get a Red Book and check out the Key Dates Thanks Dozer!! Let's see what Happens :)

OP
OP
P

Pirate Vern

Greenie
Apr 29, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK got 2 boxes of Pennies (LOOMIS) 1st box found 6 Wheaties!! Was all excited to open the 2nd.. then Awwwww.. ALL 2013 rolls :( oh well Back to the Bank tomorrow

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK got 2 boxes of Pennies (LOOMIS) 1st box found 6 Wheaties!! Was all excited to open the 2nd.. then Awwwww.. ALL 2013 rolls :( oh well Back to the Bank tomorrow

2boxes and back the next day? Make sure you don't wear out your welcome!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Does Loomis boxes have holes in the top to see the rolls? If so, next time ask the teller, "NO Shinny New Ones Please", she might look first for you before closing the transaction. Good luck hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread