New to the hobby help

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to t-net....... the only detector that comes to mind for under 300 is the garrett ace 250.. i dont know how good it is at relic hunting but most people say it is a good beginner detector...

OP
OP
JmCraz8

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thankyou, I was just on amazon and saw the Ace 250 and had some great reviews, said it was good for coins.

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
JmCraz8 said:
What would be a good metal detector for beginners under $300 for relic hunting etc?

You have to consider the soil conditions where you live, if the ground is hot (Virginia, NC SC )
you'll need a whites

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett ace 350 is under $300 and has a great DD cool on it. Holler if I can help you! Bart

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I just got my first detector, an Ace 250, as a totally unexpected birthday gift from my father. I really like the machine, even though I've only found pull tabs and sheet metal screws in the few times I've used it.

My only regret is that I was unable to buy one from Woodland Detectors. Mike spent a ton of time working with me...he really is the great guy that everyone says he is. People rave about Mike's good hearted and genuine customer service, and I'm here to back that up.

Give him a call, or PM him. It will be well worth your time!

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Silver Umax

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'd consider doing this - check out Kellyco - they have a pre-owned metal detector area on their site- they have some good deals there (so much so I know where I'm getting my next detector!) and their customer service is top notch.

:headbang:

OP
OP
JmCraz8

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thankyou everyone for helping me, I appreciate it.

kellyco_bridget

Greenie
Mar 28, 2011
Winter Springs, FL
This is what we at Kellyco like to hear...customer service top notch!!

mfitzy111 said:
I'd consider doing this - check out Kellyco - they have a pre-owned metal detector area on their site- they have some good deals there (so much so I know where I'm getting my next detector!) and their customer service is top notch.

:headbang:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
clovis97 said:
I just got my first detector, an Ace 250, as a totally unexpected birthday gift from my father. I really like the machine, even though I've only found pull tabs and sheet metal screws in the few times I've used it.

My only regret is that I was unable to buy one from Woodland Detectors. Mike spent a ton of time working with me...he really is the great guy that everyone says he is. People rave about Mike's good hearted and genuine customer service, and I'm here to back that up.

Thanks!

Please feel free to call me. I'll do what I can to help you out. We are proud members of the Better Business Bureau, and open 7 days a week. We also have a Payment plan with a low down payment and no interest.

Thanks for the nice comment Clovis

You can call us toll free at
(855) 966-3563

keriuonlesmar

Apr 6, 2011
united states
Woodland Detectors said:
clovis97 said:

Thanks!

Please feel free to call me. I'll do what I can to help you out. We are proud members of the Better Business Bureau, and open 7 days a week. We also have a Payment plan with a low down payment and no interest.

(855) 966-3536

the above phone no is not working.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myself, I have used a Tesoro Silver Umax and still do. It's an outstanding machine and will only run you $239 shipped. Comes with a lifetime warranty, and Tesoro is still a family run business with unbeatable service. #1 in my book.

I recently bought a Fisher F75 from Mike at Wooland Detectors and can say, you won't beat his service or price. If you look around Treasurenet, you will see that others are also 100% happy with Mike and his service.
Try getting personal service from a big box store! :dontknow:

Whatever you decide on, we're looking forward to seeing your future finds. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
keriuonlesmar said:
Woodland Detectors said:
clovis97 said:

Thanks!

(855) 966-3536

Lol...Mike had a brain lapse..it's 3563 not 3536 (from what i can tell from his post above that one) :wink:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
keriuonlesmar said:
Woodland Detectors said:
clovis97 said:

Thanks!

(855) 966-3536

That would be 855-966-3563

Dyslexia strikes! ;D

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would highly recommend Mike. He does not leave you when you buy a machine from him. He is always there to help you if you ever have any questions. His signature says it all......

MINELABS 2010 BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE DEALER OF THE YEAR.
AUTHORIZED MINELAB, TESORO, DETECTORPRO, COILTEK, AND FISHER DEALERS.
WWW.WOODLANDDETECTORS.COM
TOLL FREE:1-855-966-3563

When you talk to him you are talking directly with someone who metal detects regularly. You are talking with someone who metal detects and uses these machines and can give you some great tips. When you talk to him you will see why he was dealer of the year. Talk to him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread