New to the hobby looking for some tips..

Golddigger

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Recently bought a metal detector... I have had increadable luck in my back yard. With a 10k gold ring in my first ever 30 min of hunting... But I am curious to what some good hot spots are... I am from Ontario Canada.. So it's kinda cold but I am thinking local parks or maybe the local ski hills...I know beaches are ideal but I don't have any too close to me... Thanks and hope to get some good replys...

Upvote 0
L

lost hunter

Just about any place , parks fields Congrats on your first and welcome to tnet :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
make another post and ask for Canadians - best way to learn is if you can hook up with some guys
from your neck of the woods

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
School fields here in California have been great for me . Try your local elementary school soccer field :icon_thumright: .
Glen

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You named some good ones yourself, And anywhere else people congragated.....HH

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think about hunting when you sleep, eat, take a shower, drive down the road and when your doing just about anything. Remember its not a hobby its more like breathing.

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stick with your back yard.. or any other spot.. until you'd bet your soul its cleaned out. Then check it again. Its easy to catch "the grass is always greener" syndrome when treasure hunting.

I found loads of coins at an abandoned drive in theater in MD. Had an old timer point me in the direction of where the concession stand used to be.

Thunderchild

Sep 24, 2011
N. Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD/ AT Pro / Whites TDI SL / Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bluehunter1973 said:
Think about hunting when you sleep, eat, take a shower, drive down the road and when your doing just about anything. Remember its not a hobby its more like breathing.
Couldn't have stated it better myself! Also think about detecting while in the marriage counselors office in a few months. LOL

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
These guys have pretty well hit it... parks, schools, ski slopes, anywhere the kids sled, any ball field, old homes, freash water beaches turn up some nice finds as well. Glad to have you aboard the hobby :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
G

Golddigger

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just want to say thanks for all the replys... I am vary excited to begin hunting...

reeceaian

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2011
I bought my first detector last spring and and obviously have hung up it up for the season. I can't wait for the 1st hunt in a couple of months. My son and I dug up about $50 worth of coins last year plus a 10k gold ring. All the best places have been mentioned but find I have the most luck at parks and playgrounds with sand or wood chips. I too am from Ontario. Are you in my area? Bradford/ Newmarket. About 45 min North of Toronto.

JOE-DIRTDIGGER

Jan 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
find old home places, look for big trees and swing swing swing

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined the "Canadian Metal Detecting Forum" a few years back and them guys and gals make some great finds. There's a great bunch of people there too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread