Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet,
The Tavern sounds like a very cool place and would Love to see a pic of it sometime. One thing about existing structures is they get attention from any detectorist in the area that knows about it. I would hope you have a site that hasn't seen much detecting action and you make ALOT of finds.
I would start at the front entrance and just see if anything pops up,that is usually a starting poing for most and that may give some idea on how many has been there before you. I always like to stand and observe a site a try to picture what might have been happening in the area when it was occupied. If there are big trees,I would definetly be checking around that area and around the privy and water well/spring. Just move about with the thinking of how it would have been and keep in mind that you may had people detecting before you and the least obvious may yield more finds.

Good Luck on the hunt,
Nova Treasure

OP
OP
T

Terry M.

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2009
This same area was encamped by confederate soldiers for aprox 1 week, i just hope no one has beat me to it, it's kinda out of the way and not a whole lot of people here look for relics, maybe a hand full....

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is where it's at. Hunt the whole property.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread