new to TN ... cache expert advice needed

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you are having a great time man! Have any new photos of the other things you have found? Be cool to see them!

In addition to checking old clothesline areas,

I would also check the area around the mailbox (if out by the road) as in days past, many people would leave money in the mailbox to pay for postage on their letters and the postman would make change and leave it. Don't just limit to where the mailbox is now, check other areas where it may have been, could have been moved. Also, if the property is or was a farm (even if it just had a large garden) many people would have (and many still do where I'm from...) a little self-serve farm stand th out by the road that worked on the honor system. Good chance plenty of change could be dropped in these areas as well...case in point......recently I went and did some dirt fishing with 2 buddies Max and Denny and Denny found one such spot and pulled 15 quarters (clad unfortunately) out of a very small area. I found a few more coins on the other side of the driveway, likely lost the same way when the stand was at that location.

Good luck and I hope you keep finding cool stuff!

Last edited:

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The attic is a great place...I read where a guy had drilled holes in the celling joists and put gold coins in them! A friend found $18,000 in cash wen he bought a house and noticed no warm air came thru one of the air vents, took it up and noticed a foot or so down-dirt that looked disturbed , he found a metal tackle box filled with cash... easy to get to and hide ! Bricks in foundations that might be hidden from view can sometimes be removed to find hidden things...just keep looking thee should be something there-if her father really was successful, not just eking out a living .

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know what the latest is!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions