New to TNet and new home in KY too!

tad0matic

Greenie
Oct 14, 2010
hi there, we just moved into an old home in Hardinsburg KY, not much hope of finding anything in the walls though, it's been remodeled. I really love this site, I just stumbled onto it by accident. I like to prospect for gold and there is none around here so I thought I'd look into some civil war relics, hidden caches, lincoln family migration type stuff. I'm excited to find this site and I'll probably lurk more than anything else :lurk: but anyone with alot of knowledge who would be willing to take me under there wing for a bit would be much appreciated. I've never been into treasure hunting until that ol' gold bug really bit me good a couple of years ago, and have zero metal detecting skills. I do have some common since and a love of history that could help me in this new endeavor though.
Thanks for having me!
:newbie:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. No need to loiter around, come on and join in. Monty

F

Felinepeachy

Welcome to Tnet AND Kentucky. Ummmm, do you have a metal detector? :dontknow:

OP
OP
T

tad0matic

Greenie
Oct 14, 2010
No feline, I'm afraid I don't own a detector yet. I'm thinking of buying a beginner model that could be used to sharpshoot for some small nuggets when I go back to NC for visits. I've been reading around detector sites and can't find an entry level machine capable of gold and general snooping. any suggestions? :help:

F

Felinepeachy

I can't really suggest anything because I have only used two detectors, one being my MXT and prior to that the Ace 250. I have found gold with both. I've never looked for nuggets but I hear people use the MXT for nugget shooting.

You might want to weigh the benefits of having an all around detector though, in case you want to use it more often than just when you're in NC looking for nuggets. :dontknow:

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to treasurenet and the beautiful state of Kentucky. Look me up if you get into the eastern part of the state. Always looking for new detecting partners.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Tad