New to us 1910 home.

Cherokee65

Mar 28, 2023
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I are in the process of buying a home that was built in 1910. We have a lot of work to do before we move in. As soon as we get settled in we’re going to be MDing the yard. I don’t think anyone has ever checked it out. The guy that currently owns it is very adamant about not letting anyone on any of his properties. He’s just a very grumpy old man, to say the least. It’s a very modest little home with a yard that’s 70’ x 150.’ The town it’s in, is very small in central Missouri. Mostly retired and elderly people. We found an old well pump close to the house. I think that area might hold some good finds. It had a little old shed behind the house I saw on Google Earth that looked to be about the same age of the house. We’re going to post pictures of our finds and can’t wait to see what we find!

Attachments

• IMG_2162.jpeg
    IMG_2162.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 17

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet!! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Cherokee65

Cherokee65

Mar 28, 2023
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like there was an addition built on the back. The old foundation stones end and concrete block continue.
They did add on to the house. Whoever did apparently didn’t know what they were doing and the floor in the addition is 3” out of plumb. I’ve got my work cut out for me! There is another addition on the opposite side too. I wish I could MD those areas but it’s covered in concrete now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread