New town/ old house

missionman

Feb 3, 2010
I posted a while back that a friend of mine let me into the basement area of his old house. It turned out to be nothing more than a crawlspace and gave up nothing but nails etc. I got to hit the yard yesterday and was getting plenty of trimmings from the aluminum siding when I finally got a penny up out of the ground. It was a newer one but I started to get excited. 3 more pennies and then I got a 53 Rosie. Yeehaw. Another newer penny and then a 22 bullet.
Mixed up in this all was as abundance of pull tabs and the little flutter sound you get with it. I started passing up hits at the end of my time in the yard cause I only had a few minutes left when I dug a penny on one of those "curious about that sound" tones. I decided to go back one hit to the last funy tone I had and I dug up a 1851 " Dix centimes". A french dime? Looks really cool and since I'm fairly new to this, it's my oldest so far. I had to leave, but I'll be back. (no pun intended).
MM
p.s. I'll get my daughter to help me update with some pics.

Upvote 0

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Sounds like you did pretty good there MM. Keep on hunting and listening to your detector. Let it talk to you and you'll be digging all sorts of good stuff..
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions