dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New Toy, buttons & Indian

Bought a barely used Nautilus DMC IIB from a guy in N.C. on Sunday and it showed up in the mail yesterday. Haven't had a chance to get it out and test it yet, but when the weather clears you can bet I'll be out there.

Took the E-trac with new 12x15" SEF coil for a walk yesterday and pulled a couple keepers from a field that always seems to produce. These were very deep iffy signals but was rewarded. I pulled out an 1870 Indian that was on edge at 9". Got a nice Leavenworths & Kendrick "extra superfine" button and then a nice concave coat button(I assume) as well. The concave button was a surprising 14" down. Bigger coil proves to be beneficial! Hope everyone is digging good stuff!

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

Attachments

• 11-22-11Naughty.jpg
    11-22-11Naughty.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 555
  • 11-22-11naughty2.jpg
    11-22-11naughty2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 682
  • 11-22-11group.jpg
    11-22-11group.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 760
Upvote 0

stringplucker

May 22, 2010
virginia beach
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: New Toy, buttons & Indian

Haha. Just when you thought the field was drying up with finds you go and buy more toys. Looks like you'll have to retrace your steps on all the places you've been. That should keep you busy for awhile! Congrats on your finds.

OP
OP
dirtdigger1581

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

stringplucker said:
Haha. Just when you thought the field was drying up with finds you go and buy more toys. Looks like you'll have to retrace your steps on all the places you've been. That should keep you busy for awhile! Congrats on your finds.

I know....I'm never satisfied with what I already have. This will keep me busy until next summer when I need another new toy! haha...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good detector. Would probably be my choice if I changed, especially if I hunted undisturbed ground and could get the benefit of the 15" coil depth.

OP
OP
dirtdigger1581

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Iron Patch said:
Good detector. Would probably be my choice if I changed, especially if I hunted undisturbed ground and could get the benefit of the 15" coil depth.

It's got the 10" on it now, but the 15" is on the wishlist! Santa might bring it if I'm a good boy! :)

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hey nate that nauty is a sweet find bro! its deadle in that light sandy ground. i used one a few times. its a whole different world of detecting than the etrac though! Its a relic digging machine too! The 15*12 on my dfx has also scored me some goodies recently. Its big but it works great and runs stable!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread