Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it delivered today. I have already done a lot of due diligence on this machine and am looking forward to some soothing times in the Parks and around my yards. I'll bet I find coins in my yards that the old 1265x missed.???
I've read the on line manual several time and watched TheHunterGT's vidio's so I think I have a slight jump on the learning curve. Since I'm interested in coins and jewelry I think Disc 2 and (I think this works in Disc 2) V-Break and Notch width to my advantage.
Tomorrow, if not raining I will Air Check some Jewelry and Coins and also with Aluminum foil and pull tabs.
This should keep me out of Sweeties hair for a while.:laughing7:
Thanks to all who have posted their experiences with the LRP.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:
Marvin

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a great detector! Happy hunting!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SageRider

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2017
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GA Boy, I got my LRP today too. I'm starting up the hobby again and joined the forum the other day.

Headed to the backyard and found bicentennial 50¢ and 1960 Roosevelt dime in C mode. Pretty hot in ND today, but before I quit for the day I tried modes 2, 3 & 4 getting all kinds of hits, but did not dig all. Need to watch TheHunterGT's videos thanks for the tip.

OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GA Boy, I got my LRP today too. I'm starting up the hobby again and joined the forum the other day.

Headed to the backyard and found bicentennial 50¢ and 1960 Roosevelt dime in C mode. Pretty hot in ND today, but before I quit for the day I tried modes 2, 3 & 4 getting all kinds of hits, but did not dig all. Need to watch TheHunterGT's videos thanks for the tip.
Cool finds. Those videos are great.
Marvin

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to see you guys on board. As with any detector, give it time, learn it's language. It's a powerhouse of a machine, and will give you about 80%-90% of machines costing 2-3 times as much.

Like my avatar message, simple, low cost but effective. It will pay for itself in no time.

Even HunterGT learned to be the prodigal child when he gave his up. It's not as much a Bounty Hunter (older models) as it is a Fisher/Technetics. Don't let the name fool you. FTP didn't.

Detecting is much more fun when you don't have to spend a fortune to find a fortune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question about Headphones. I wear hearing aids in both ears and can adjust them so I don't get interference (Feedback, etc).
When I got the LRP I also got a set of Bounty Hunter Headphones. They were made in China, Have a volume control on each side plus a Mono/Sterio switch. No NAME on them.
I also have a pair made in Taiwan (Superior, Accu Sound, V) and they have the same controls as the China made ones.
Is there a difference in quality? With my hearing the way it is I don't think a $120.00-$200.00 one would help much.
I found plenty of Relics using the Taiwan made ones on the 1265X.
Thanks for any enlightenment.
Marvin
PS, Thanks #6:icon_thumleft:

Edit 'cause I mi-spelled my name:BangHead:

Last edited:

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure on the headphones but I do know that you'll love the machine. It's my backup to the Deus now but I still have a ton of love for it. It's paid itself off more than twice in clad (and Euro). Not to mention gold and silver rings and jewelry. Now it's mostly used for taking friends out to the field to introduce them to the sport.

Just yesterday, a first timer out-hunted the Deus and an F75 with it..

Truly an insanely under-rated machine!!

Enjoy it!

kha924

Jan 29, 2017
NWPA 814
Detector(s) used
LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im not sure about the headphones but ive had my LRP for a couple months now and not enough time to fully master it but a few tips is plan on diggin some deep holes and dont get discouraged if at first your struggling my technique was to try to not to cherry pick only good signals, but take your time and dig them all to see how it reacts in different situations. Im sure you will be posting tons of cool finds in no time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions